Sundown Audio

universal gain control

captainhook426

I'm looking to adding a real gain control to my amp (ap1500) and was looking around on ebay, do the universal gain knobs work. I understand that they are just a potentiometer, but I need something so that I can turn down the subs all the way down for the dogs and wife who don't appreciate bass.

Thanks

The Hook!

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

I'm looking to adding a real gain control to my amp (ap1500) and was looking around on ebay, do the universal gain knobs work. I understand that they are just a potentiometer, but I need something so that I can turn down the subs all the way down for the dogs and wife who don't appreciate bass.

Thanks

The Hook!

i dont know if the knob will mute the amp completely. Could use a toggle switch on the remote wire.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

I use one of the "universal" bass knobs, and it works just fine. mutes the subs when all the way down.I got it when my audiopipe bass knob was messing up. ive been using it for about 2 years now.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

I use one of the "universal" bass knobs, and it works just fine. mutes the subs when all the way down.

that's what I'm looking for!! could I fun that and the bass knob that came with it for the bass boost for me? I'm double checking my clipping points sometime next week, just to be sure.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

I use one of the "universal" bass knobs, and it works just fine. mutes the subs when all the way down.

that's what I'm looking for!! could I fun that and the bass knob that came with it for the bass boost for me? I'm double checking my clipping points sometime next week, just to be sure.

well the one I use runs in line with the RCA's. so you could use it, then the bass boost and clipping indicator on your amp.

this is the exact knob i use bass knob click

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Archived