I just saw a reply to a post I made in a thread that involved sub testing. I replied, not attacking anyone, not attacking the person conducting the test, nothing. Just trying to slow down the bashing by explaining a possibility of why the test resulted the way it did.

Then I have a mod come at me basically saying I'm a nuthugger cuz I got free stuff from a company and saying the test was a perfect, unbiast test.

So WTF I can't state my opinion, that really had nothing to do with the specific sub being tested just an explanation as to why things could have happened, because a mod is gonna try and kill the explanation and come at me? And I don't know why by the person conducting the test made it seem like a great/unbaist test until someone pointed out that the sub in question was damaged, then the tester instead of answering to that he asked to have the thread locked. WTF is that? Seems like an attempted attack at a company.

/End rant.

I know this will most likely get locked ASAP and maybe even deleted, but I just wanted to put it out there for SOME to see. And as you cam see I'm not really attaking anyone since there's a lack of names.

Edited by Berto

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Brockmotivate.jpg

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

It was me. Feel better? you also didnt answer my question. Would you be so wholeheartedly backing them if they didnt give you all that free stuff?

And that wasnt me attacking you. Trust me. It was me asking you a question. If I wanted to call you a nuthugger I would have come out with it. Im not exactly one to sugarcoat anything. bottom line is Ric did everything you could ask for in a test. That design and vehicle are as rock solid as they come for a platform. It was a simple drop in test. Done thousands of times the world over. And only two woofers failed. Results and video dont lie. maybe ric didnt come out and say no I did not know it had a burnt coil before hand because he was never told. Which I find hard to believe. I dont know any manufacturer who willingly gives up a woofer for testing knowing its half gone already AND knowing its going to be recorded and posted on multiple car audio forums. Sure sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Maybe Ric knew it wasnt half gone like it was said. maybe ric checked it out first and it was fine. And maybe ric is avoiding that whole scenario out of respect for a manufacturer. For you to question first me and then Ric's integrity for the way he handled things is completely uncalled for. I'm a grown ass man. I asked you a question. Merely to point out the fact that your own opinion was far from unbiased. My opinion regarding T3 was formed many yrs ago. I've never discussed it or brought it up here nor will I. Maybe one day ill clear the air but there are many reasons why my stance is the way it is.

BTW me being an admin and a mod does not strip me of my rights to have an opinion as well. It merely gives everyone another straw to grasp for when my opinion gives them the case of the knotted panties.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Then I have a mod come at me basically saying I'm a nuthugger cuz I got free stuff from a company and saying the test was a perfect, unbiast test.

I didn't see a mod say anything. I saw a "Super Admin" say stuff though LOL

From his perspective, how can't you see where he was coming from?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

It was me. Feel better? you also didnt answer my question. Would you be so wholeheartedly backing them if they didnt give you all that free stuff?

And that wasnt me attacking you. Trust me. It was me asking you a question. If I wanted to call you a nuthugger I would have come out with it. Im not exactly one to sugarcoat anything. bottom line is Ric did everything you could ask for in a test. That design and vehicle are as rock solid as they come for a platform. It was a simple drop in test. Done thousands of times the world over. And only two woofers failed. Results and video dont lie. maybe ric didnt come out and say no I did not know it had a burnt coil before hand because he was never told. Which I find hard to believe. I dont know any manufacturer who willingly gives up a woofer for testing knowing its half gone already AND knowing its going to be recorded and posted on multiple car audio forums. Sure sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Maybe Ric knew it wasnt half gone like it was said. maybe ric checked it out first and it was fine. And maybe ric is avoiding that whole scenario out of respect for a manufacturer. For you to question first me and then Ric's integrity for the way he handled things is completely uncalled for. I'm a grown ass man. I asked you a question. Merely to point out the fact that your own opinion was far from unbiased. My opinion regarding T3 was formed many yrs ago. I've never discussed it or brought it up here nor will I. Maybe one day ill clear the air but there are many reasons why my stance is the way it is.

BTW me being an admin and a mod does not strip me of my rights to have an opinion as well. It merely gives everyone another straw to grasp for when my opinion gives them the case of the knotted panties.

Yes I would back them because I BOUGHT a sub and am running with it. It's a great sub actually. You say they gave me a good amount of stuff, no they gave me ONE sub. That's all.

MAYBE Ric knew? A second party knew about it, why wouldn't he? And if it was good prior to testing why would T3 agree to send a recone to test again?

How am I questioning Antibes integrity? By saying the test was in fact a little lenient to failure since he knowingly tested a bad sub, not mentioned it, then topped it off with a little "T3 FTW". How is that "respect for the manufacturer?" wouldn't respect = pointing everything out prior to testing?

And I don't remember posting that you didn't have a right to your opinion, I posted that I didn't thing that a mod/admin should come at forum members like that, especially since I wasn't bashing anyone. Go reread my post if you want.

I didn't see a mod say anything. I saw a "Super Admin" say stuff though LOL

From his perspective, how can't you see where he was coming from?

Did you see the posts I was talking about originally? I didn't say anything about Ric cheating T3, I didn't say the sub is built better than that, I didn't say anything. I said "the box was built for the car, not the sub" trying to explain why the sub could have failed. That was even before I knew the sub was bad to begin with.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Yep, I saw the post. There isn't much that I miss here, unless its in chat haha

I'm confused as to why you're getting so hung up on Nates one post.

Whatever...this isn't my business, so it doesn't really matter.

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Yep, I saw the post. There isn't much that I miss here, unless its in chat haha

I'm confused as to why you're getting so hung up on Nates one post.

Whatever...this isn't my business, so it doesn't really matter.

That his post wasn't really necessary. I've seen a good amout of people complaining about mods/admins coming at them and I didn't know what they were talking about till this. But oh well, not leaving the site just because of this one thing.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

So they only gave you one 800 dollar woofer. my bad. Ed is not a second party. Ed is the one who mentioned it was half bad. Ed is t3. Ric could have known and failed to mention it. Of course Ed would have came right out and said that too. And If they are willing to recone it Id bet it lasts. You know why? Because its going to be built better. regardless of the first woofer being half gone. Id want to do it again too. Id like to try and save some face that was just lost. Pull the blinders off. You do realize that box was probably in the recommended specs of a box for a t3 considering all the other woofers all have similar box specs. Was it optimal? probably not. But neither was it for anyone elses woofers either. What it does is prove to be very consistent regardless of equipment. You have just as much speculation as anyone as to what happened. the only thing is you're a t3 guy running t3 product and feel like everyones picking on you. Thats not the case. IF shipping wasnt a bitch Id ship rick one of my9515s to test and Id tell him to keep upping the power til it blew.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

In regards to the damaged sub, I decided to search for it so others can be lazy.

In the thread where the AA was tested:

PCA:

On a side note, Ed said that the T3 had been damaged in an earlier install... and is going to recone this woofer and let us try again, so stay tuned for results on that.

Link

Also this:

PCA:

I have to say this though... Ed knew the power that would be running on this sub..

Link

HHR ED:

That T.2000 was in my car, I was taking it to recone for my brother. Had it in there when I was at Ric's shop and decided to leave it there for shits and giggles.

Since everybody else that switched from DD Zs to T.2000s all went up, I was hoping even a damaged woofer with coil rub would still do a big number.

Poop happens, oh well.

Link

Also, edit/note thing:

I realize this isn't really what this thread is about, but I just wanted to compile all this together somewhere for people so see.

Edited by imnotmikal
On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Was your post necessary either? Was this thread necessary? Is this off topic section necessary? Most of the stuff on this forum and in this world aren't necessary tbh.

We've all experienced people come at us. Mods have come at me too...just "brush the dirt off ya shoulder," so to speak. (I'm not calling you a hater Nate, and you know that)

LMFAO so true