TESTING an Ascendant Audio ARSENAL 15" in the Boswell's DDBEAST

Guest grim83

Not sure if it was mentioned but what exactly was broken on the failed T-600 and T-2000 drivers ? Did they actually burn up or was something broken mechanically ?

the t600 just locked up (coils toasted), the t2000 the coil fell off the former totally and is sitting in the bottom of the gap.

and NOBODY IS BASHING T3!!! (that was for whoever said we were trying to throw T3 under the bus)... this is just a test people... for our enjoyment. T3 makes some nice stuff. Look at Tim Maynor's setup, ICE was running T3 at sbn... just didn't like this car. lol... I'd love to see what a TSNS would do...

Just to clarify that was me, and I said it was not aimed at ya'll in an earlier post, but rather the people that where basically saying T3 was a lesser company(put nicely) because of it failing.

Also would love to see more testing done with more woofers

As far as what i said the majority of it was joking around as expressed in the smileys...do i think t3 is a lesser company yes, but its not just because both subs failed in these tests

Guess nobody was told the T.2000 was already damaged before this test.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Cool stuff, Ric -- car is loud !

still waitin on a sundown sub to test Jacob...lol

actually same with DC... or any other company that wants to offer one up for testing... I will do the same, vid it and post it... good or bad

I will say thanks to Kevin at Atmos, Ed at T3, Nick at Ascendant for offering up a sub for these tests...

On a side note, Ed said that the T3 had been damaged in an earlier install... and is going to recone this woofer and let us try again, so stay tuned for results on that. I'm just hoping he keeps it a stock woofer and doesn't beef it up. I have no problems or issues with Ed, and nobody on here should take it that way. Ed and I are cool.

so... any company want to offer one up... send it... :)

who sends out a damaged woofer for a high vis test? Im willing to bet that the new one will take it. Mainly because its going to be built to take it..... come on.

That T.2000 was in my car, I was taking it to recone for my brother. Had it in there when I was at Ric's shop and decided to leave it there for shits and giggles.

Since everybody else that switched from DD Zs to T.2000s all went up, I was hoping even a damaged woofer with coil rub would still do a big number.

Poop happens, oh well.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

idk, i don't know what itb means, by the way, on this mythbusters thats on right now, they had the mtx avalanche with 2 22" jackhammers and they blew both of em tryin to get guns to go off LOL! but they were usin xs batts which made me happy.

know the name of the episode by chance?

Episode 121 titled Thermite VS Ice

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Guest grim83

actually same with DC... or any other company that wants to offer one up for testing... I will do the same, vid it and post it... good or bad

I will say thanks to Kevin at Atmos, Ed at T3, Nick at Ascendant for offering up a sub for these tests...

On a side note, Ed said that the T3 had been damaged in an earlier install... and is going to recone this woofer and let us try again, so stay tuned for results on that. I'm just hoping he keeps it a stock woofer and doesn't beef it up. I have no problems or issues with Ed, and nobody on here should take it that way. Ed and I are cool.

who sends out a damaged woofer for a high vis test? Im willing to bet that the new one will take it. Mainly because its going to be built to take it..... come on.

That T.2000 was in my car, I was taking it to recone for my brother. Had it in there when I was at Ric's shop and decided to leave it there for shits and giggles.

Since everybody else that switched from DD Zs to T.2000s all went up, I was hoping even a damaged woofer with coil rub would still do a big number.

Poop happens, oh well.

which z might this be?

Poop happens, oh well.

nothing but love Ed... get this thing fixed and send it back and we'll test it again... infact if you want we can do it when you are here for the other recones you have to do... so you know i'm being fair... :)

Poop happens, oh well.

lol allways excuses with this guy from the hummer to the subs :bull::lol:

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived