How much does best buy pay for audio installation?

MECP is the certification you need to be an installer, some shops dont care for it, but others do, alot of smaller shops want someone who knows there shit, and knows how to install an alarm thats a biggie for shops since they make alot of there money that way

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Dont you have to be 18 though? see im only 16 but i guarantee i know alot more then some of them...

How much is the MECP test and where can i take and how old do i have to be?

Dont let the tools part bother you. $150 in tools, and just be prepared to spend money on one of your first checks to buy more advanced tools. But the basics

1/4"- 3/8" socket set

Allen, Phillips, flat head, and torq bit set

volt meter, computer safe test light, standard 12v test light

door panel popper set

wire stripper set/crimpers- the good kind, not the $5 special you buy at Radio Shack

pry/pick set

But your age is whats going to kill it for you. Your dealing with customers cars, you need to be insurable. 18- 21+yrs old

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

^^ Yeah, alarm is about 50% of the job right there, the rest is deck and 4 speakers.

Unless your a higher end shop, installing amps subs, and component speakers, and fiberglassing will only be like 10 - 20% of the job

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Damn i never took the time to know how to install a damn alarm I need to learn that too <_<

Is alarms hard to install?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Also is the MECP a hard test?

And also how old do you have to be to get this certfication??

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

So an alarm is really hard to install???

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

So an alarm is really hard to install???

all depends on the vehicle and alarm its self. I have done all my own alarm/starters and quite a few at my shop, Some are cake and some blow. Just need the right bypasses :)

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Archived