Second Skin Audio

subwoofer fastner

Hmm, that seems odd. I have never had this issue... Maybe try duct taping over the screws? Should increase dBz too :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

if thats not working id try this, you drill the hole put the small metal piece thru the back of the hole and install ur sub and once u put the screw in it will bite into the wood.

not sure what the lil things are called but they sell them at lowes or the depot, heres a pic

mountbolt_143684.jpg

ive seen a few ppl on here use them before

Its called T nuttin lol. Over time the more you take the screws out and put em in again the wood they bite on deteriates and they become stripped out aka the just spin. I never had any back out though like start unscrewing them selves. T nutting obviously fixes this issue and is a good idea if you plan on taking out your subs very often.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Hey guys had a quick question on some sub fastners cause dry wall screws are not cutting it...need something that's not going to back out, but I can still take my subs out.....thx

how many different speakers have you had in that box? have you tried making new holes?

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

T nuts are probably the best. Few problems I have ran into with them though. Make sure you glue them bitches when you install them. Nothing like going to tighten like the second to last bolt and the damn t nut falls into the box. Then you have to take them all out and start over. Another issue I have had, Even when you screw them, In MDF it is easy to over tighten them and just plain tear the MDF. Also you better make damn well sure that speaker doesn't move when you are drilling all the holes, just one more thing to fuck your day up when you tighten like half the bolts just to find out some of your holes are not lining up right. Just a few things I have encountered. Also if you dont cut the hole perfect, like if you cut the sub hole a tad to big, the t nuts can stick out into the cutout and really provide next to nothing for strength.

But if you have none of these problems they should work great! LOL. Another option is go to your local hardware store and get you a box of #12 or 14 hex head screws, make sure you pre drill you holes.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Hey guys had a quick question on some sub fastners cause dry wall screws are not cutting it...need something that's not going to back out, but I can still take my subs out.....thx

how many different speakers have you had in that box? have you tried making new holes?

Yeah if your holes are wore out, which is what using coarse thread screws will do then rotate the subs and start new holes. If you use a wood screw or even a drywall screw, PRE DRILL it will make things easier in the end.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.