found an alt on ebay

was looking into getting this for my neon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260761741470&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#ht_1205wt_903

i messaged the guy asking him if the alt puts out rated power and at what rpm and this is what he sent back

Hi,The alternator will give you 220A in high RPM not idle in 2500RPm when you are driving and come with overdrive pulley smaller pulley to get more power in idle,the alternator is tested and i am installing 6X100A diode and small pulley you can try it If you don't like it You can send it back I will refund your mney,but you can get only 70A In idle and over 1200RPM and higher you can get 120A and in 2500RPM 220A,Thanks

now my question is if i buy an alt from say advanced auto parts and its rated at 130a like a stock srt4 alt that i can use in my car is that at idle or at driving rpm. and what do you guys think of that alt i think its a rather good price and if it does rated i think thats good enough for what im planning to run an ap1800 and a duel 4x50 amp.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I wouldn't pay $240 for that. It wont do anyrhing at idle...Get ahold of Matt at mechman. They have the "smaller" h/o alts for good prices.

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

i dont wana pay any more then that. right now my car has a 90 amp alt and i can get an srt alt thats 130a for $140 idk ill get at them and see what they can do

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

depends on if matt has something for you, he quoted me a 200a alt for 299 but i got the 270 instead.. and what if that ebay alt fails? does it have any customer service? tbo id hit up matt worth the extra money

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

what do you mean you got the 270 instead you paid for the 200 and got a higher amp alt? idk i didnt ask if it failed just if he would take it back if it didnt do rated power ill have to ask him about that. idk i would pay 300 for a 200amp alt if i had good customer service in case it did fail. idk i just really dont wana spend much more then 300 for an alt i mean 500 i could put the engine i want in my car so i just dont see me spending more then 300

Edited by hifonics10

what do you mean you got the 270 instead you paid for the 200 and got a higher amp alt? idk i didnt ask if it failed just if he would take it back if it didnt do rated power ill have to ask him about that. idk i would pay 300 for a 200amp alt if i had good customer service in case it did fail

my car he has 2 options, 200a for 299 or 270a for 449. i bought the 270 paid $449

but dont buy an ebay alt

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Save your money and purchase a quality product from mechman. You will end up buying one sometime down the road anyways and lose money on whatever you decide to buy on ebay. Trust me on this, I spent 2 years trying to take the cheap way out and make it just good enough to get by and that is just flushing money down the toilet. Do it right the first time or dont do it at all.

yeah that same thing happen to me well some what.. i got an alt from ebay was a 140 amp bosh i think.. long story short was in good shape and it shit on me 2 days later seller then wouldnt reply and all that crap ended up putting the 80 amp i had in there now im saving up for a mechman 270 amp alternator :shrug: your money though but if it was me i would save up just a bit more for the mechman <_<

just to echo everyone else, buy the good quality product the first time. Otherwise your just gonna keep replacing the knock offs. I never had good luck with any type of "generic brand" ebay stuff. If there isn't a company standing behind the product, your just throwing money away.