Finally got my hospital bill...

ha..

my accident last year.. got 2 ct scans 1 xray and 5 stitches......

23,000.00 called it a trauma 2 charge.. that alone was 13k, 2500 for each ct scan, and 1500 for the single xray.

trauma 2???? wtf... 13k???

i got hosed

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I had acl surgery, along with getting some bone chips and my meniscus cleaned up. Like MTNbike total was upwards of 16k. We have 80/20 insurance. So we had to pay the premium and the other 20% but. My dad left me in charge of talking to the hospital and surgery center, and what you may not know is you can negotiate with them. I negotiated my first mri bill down to 400 from a thousand. You may not feel comfortable doing it but throw in some bull shit story of how you cant pay, then tell them you have a certain amount to send them and after that you cant pay the rest cause of loss of job etc..

Kenwood kdc-x794

Boston Acoustics S60 components, S65 Coaxials

Jl J2-320.4

Sundown Audio Sae1200d

2 Sundown SA-12's D4

Car Quest NGT Extreme Upfront

Shuriken BT-60 inback

Big3

All Knu Konceptz wire

Hospital=$$$$$

anything to do with hospital ends up costing a pretty penny, surprise they dont charge you to use the bathrooms lol at the end of the day it does suck having to pay but also as you or your loved ones are doing better or healthy its a small price to pay

Edited by BeatBox

It's not a good idea to be going around without insurance. $900 is nothing, had you really screwed up your shoulder it could wind up costing you everything you own.

If you don't have insurance you shouldn't be going to the hospital unless it's life threatening, hit the clinic. Also call the hospital and talk with them about the bill. They have room to negotiate. Just keep in mind these people make a hell of a lot more than $20 an hour (not to mention supplies, overhead, and their insurance).

My knee was over $100k after 2 years and I had 4 more surgeries after that. Tore off my MCL, tore my cartilage to shreds, broke off a hunk of bone, pins, screws, wire, therapy, a couple scopes a year later (the first two had my knee wide open to rebuild it) to remove more bone and clean up more cartilage, MRI's, xrays, meds, casts, braces, doctors visits, hospital rooms...

My insurance at the time was $3000 out of pocket a year then 1000% coverage. Good thing my mom went for the premium insurance at work or it would have been bad news. This was something like 20 years ago.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts