Sonic Electronix

i pulled it out and everything looked fine. i dont have my DMM right now(left it at work) so will have to wait til tomorrow to check it. it was making a horrible motory clanking sound onve i got the volume to a certain point. My have my volume to peak at 28 and it would start that sound at around 24...which seems to as a indication of being blown in some way.

::::::STREETZ::::::

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: STREETZxDBs

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs - 06' Ford Fusion - Kentucky

Similar thing happened to me with my Dc XL. It sounded horrible at higher volume, and when i actually stepped out of my truck and took a look at it, it was the dust cap seperating from the woofer. Just got the new cap and glue today, and have it sitting in my truck with about 5lbs on it to let it sit and dry.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Give the guy a break. You can't just assume it was his fault because he blew an almighty DC woofer. And the AQ clip light is pretty damn accurate, even overly sensitive at times. I guess if the clip light is bs, then the SMD distortion listener must be crap too since they both seem to operate on a similar premise.

To OP, contact rusty. He's a great guy and he'd be more than willing to help you.

have you oscoped the clip light to see if it matches up?

if not, just stop....

my stetsom clip light came on at vol 28 or so, but the oscope dwright used on it at slamology showed it not clipping till 36.....

clip lights can be way off, if you havent scoped it to see if its accurate.. how can you argue...

INVALID POINT, thanks.

call rusty, he can help big time, or ana

edit

and the distortion listener is basically a oscope that checks 2 set frequencies and lights up if its clipping, way off than a clip light on a bass knob......

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones