So I haven't passed smog. 3 tests all result in no pass. It's really pissing me off and I honestly just want this thing to pass smog. It's a 92 corolla and so far I've replaced quite a few thigs. I've replaced temp sensors, air sensors, got the engine timing set correctly, new 02 sensor, and just recently I dropped 180 for a new cat (the old one was the factory cat.) Now I don't know a whole lot about cars and up until I got the Cat put in, I've had my father do most of this stuff on my car. I had a shop do the cat and my mechanic do the timing. Also, the check engine light has been on ever since I put a new motor in the car.

Anyways, My dad did the 02 sensor about 4 months ago and this last guy I went to for the smog test (he is a friend of my mechanic, he didn't charge us for the test) was really leaning towards the 02 sensor being bad. Now I know I just got a new sensor in there a few months ago, it is aftermarket and the smog guy was telling me that a lot of aftermarket 02 sensors can go bad. He was reccommending a bosch sensor, or just going with the factory sensor. He also suggested that it might be one of the wires getting pinched or not getting grounded for the sensor when the new engine was put in.

So my question to you all is

Have any of you here had bad luck with aftermarket 02 sensors? Do you think the smoog guy I went to is right about a lot of aftermarkets not doing so hot?

All of theses fixes and tests are cutting into my 1200 I had planned for an alt and bat LOL

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

dont use an after market o2 sensor! period! dont listen to anyone unless you want to waist your money. get a factory one. but if your shop hasnt figured it out in 3 tries then find a different shop honestly. have it properly diagnosed.

also check throttle position sensor.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!