Sonic Electronix

Not tryin to be a dick. There have been about a dozen of these threads since audio savings dropped the price on the warhorse and everyone thinks they are an expert on the amp when they truly know nothing about the way it functions.

^^^^^dont be such a dick man. Just a simple question with a simple answer no need to get all crazy about it.

Thanks to all that answered I will just stick with getting a PB5K for now

You can, its actually pretty simple. Have you even looked at the manual yet? Read the manual, you pick up the basic understanding of how it works. Then look at the woofer diagram, its very easy to go from one, see how it works. Than to two woofers, than the four and its easy to figure out how to wire 8 up. Just gotta look dude. There are dumbasses that assume the warhorse is just another amp and then there are dumbasses who think the amp is from mars and far too complicated to use. Just read the damn manual, and if you have the slightest understanding of ohm loads you'll figure it out just fine. Jeeze!

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

The thing with the Warhorse is that you don't really focus on amount of subs, it's all about the amount of coils.

1 sub usually = 2 coils which = 1 coil per input on the Warhorse. It HAS to be done that way.

And technically you can have a min of 2ohms per side.

So:

1 sub = dual 2. 2ohms on left input, 2ohms on right input.

2 subs = dual 1ohm or 4ohm. 2ohms on left input, 2ohms on right input.

And so on, and so on.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

You can, its actually pretty simple. Have you even looked at the manual yet? Read the manual, you pick up the basic understanding of how it works. Then look at the woofer diagram, its very easy to go from one, see how it works. Than to two woofers, than the four and its easy to figure out how to wire 8 up. Just gotta look dude. There are dumbasses that assume the warhorse is just another amp and then there are dumbasses who think the amp is from mars and far too complicated to use. Just read the damn manual, and if you have the slightest understanding of ohm loads you'll figure it out just fine. Jeeze!

Trust me it all seems simple until you actually have to wire the subs. 2 subs is easy but once you get to 4 subs the wiring just turns into a huge mess and it is really hard to keep track of what wire goes where. Best advice I can give is to get 4 differ colors of 8ga speaker wire and use a different color for each coil + and -. So it would look something like this:

Coil 1 + =red wire

Coil 1 - =black wire

Coil 2 + =blue wire

Coil 2 - +white wire

Something like that will make it much easier to keep track of what wire goes where.

Alright so instead of both coils working together to push the sub then pull the sub. They only have 50% duty cycle while the other is dead weight for that 50% cycle effectively altering the T/S of the sub(s).

Unless I missed my mark on this, no thanks.

I spent almost 2 years trying figure this damn thing out and I finally just gave up and sold mine and am going to buy normal amplifiers that I know how to properly scope the gains and set correctly. For me this is a fucking bad ass amp but there is just way too much to it to understand to be able to get the full potential out of it.

Here is my recommendation for who should run a warhorse.

hardcore competitor that knows EXACTLY what they are doing and understands how the amp functions---- yes buy this amp it can put out massive power for a VERY good price.

Average daily joe----- STAY AWAY!!! Invest in a good normal mono block amp i.e. DC, Sundown, Rockford, AQ and invest in a good oscope and learn what clean power is and how to properly achieve this by tuning your entire system with the oscope.

Is it possible? I just heard of a guy that ran his at .7 but I thought or heard it would protect at anything under 2.

Someone know da hax??? :popcorn:

both of mines is at 1ohm and works fine..for now but it should b okay with the right supply!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

if i knew what i know now i would have stayed away from that amplifier in the first place! but i think itll b sold pretty soon for some SD OR STETSOM where it wouldnt take me close to an hour to wire 4 subs

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

Archived