what modifications would I need to do to install 26" rims?

You shouldn't need to modify anything to throw them on there. You may have a scrub here or there if you're turning up into an incline or something like that, but nothing serious. You just gotta learn how to drive with them, which is slow and careful lol. I would also recommend upgrading to a bigger rotor and brake pads. I have 24's on my suburban, and the extra weight of the rims is definitely noticeable. Again, all it takes is a change in your driving habits, you're not going to haul ass anywhere, and you need to give yourself ample room to stop. You're probably going to need to get a 30 series tire, but be careful, 30 series sidewall is extremely thin. You're going to need to bob and weave any potholes, and slow the fuck down. You'll crack a rim or bust a tire no problem on 30 series. I'm on 35 series, and I still have to bob and weave and go slow, but its nowhere near as bad as my brothers impala on 22's with a 30 series, or my friends yukon on 6's. My brother already cracked one rim, thankfully it was tiny and on the inside of the rim, so he got it welded and its not even noticable. My buddy in the yukon however bent 2 of his rims on one pothole, and he recently completely cracked one of them, so he has to get a whole new set of wheels.

a big brake kit isnt needed but brake upgrades are best.... get a high quality pads and rotors and switch to stainless steel brake lines.....I dont see why people will drop tons of money on rims or other upgrades but will not upgrade the braking system.

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

I love how everyone says "get a big break kit"... I have been riding my 28s with stock breaks without a single problem stopping.

Its good that you have had no issues...but I can say this, I have driven many many cars/suvs with large rims and some of them are a death trap with stock breaks while others seem to do just fine. Really IMO if you run anything larger than a 24" you should do something with the breaks maybe not a $6000 break upgrade but something.

Dont listen to these clowns like (Punkyou007) hell I put 30's on mine and I said the hell with brakes and took them off, I just stick my foot outta the door to slow down. LOL

What are you talking about??? why are you sticking your feet out.. you dont have a hole in your truck like the flinstones?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 26s on my truck anyways they rub on the wheel well. I heard one guy in this thread say to reform it with a heat gun? Yes or no on that? If not what do you recomend? If yes any tips? In guessing I heat it up where it rubs and the just push it in with a something? O, how much does a cheap o heat gun cost?

• 1 month later...

Got my 26s on my truck anyways they rub on the wheel well. I heard one guy in this thread say to reform it with a heat gun? Yes or no on that? If not what do you recomend? If yes any tips? In guessing I heat it up where it rubs and the just push it in with a something? O, how much does a cheap o heat gun cost?

let me guess.. your tire size is 305... everyone says get 25 or 30 series tires but actually you need like 285's instead of 305's and you will have no rub.. i have a 2000 escalade and you dont need such a wide tire esp when the offset of the 4x4 model of the obs stick out as it is.. try turning your wheel completely one direction and see where its rubs and either use a grinder or mallet carefully to give yourself clearance.. google 26's on 99 escalade and you will see alot of people riding just fine.. good luck but ultimately its easiest(not cheapest) to get narrower tires

pioneer avic-n3 w ipod adapter

clarion eq

infinity kappa perfect 6.1

infinity kappa perfect 5.25

infinity kappa 6x9's

2 boston spg555's

Boston acoustics gt-42

Boston acoustics gt-28

Boston acoustics gt-28

Big 3

Knu 0 gauge

Optima battery

Id say test drive it for awhile with the stock brakes, you'll find out if you need a bigger brake kit. :)

VfA79.jpg

2004 Melky Toyota Scion xB

Kenwood Touchscreen Headunit

4 15" Kicker CVR

4 6" Audiopipe

6 8" Audiopipe

6 Tweeters Audiopipe

1 Rockford Fosgate T2500.1 bd

1 Lanzar 3000

1 Audiopipe 1500

2 Optimum YellowTop Batteries

The Big Three

19" rims

and more..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119197-build-log-scion-xb-4-15-kicker/

• 2 months later...

I love how everyone says "get a big break kit"... I have been riding my 28s with stock breaks without a single problem stopping.

Its good that you have had no issues...but I can say this, I have driven many many cars/suvs with large rims and some of them are a death trap with stock breaks while others seem to do just fine. Really IMO if you run anything larger than a 24" you should do something with the breaks maybe not a $6000 break upgrade but something.

Dont listen to these clowns like (Punkyou007) hell I put 30's on mine and I said the hell with brakes and took them off, I just stick my foot outta the door to slow down. LOL

flintstone style lmao!

lol.. forgott about this thread XD.. good thing i saw it on the main page, for i shuld be saving up for some 26"s!!!

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

brakes brakes and brakes. 26s are big and heavy the brakes will pay for them selves the first time you have to slam on the brakes because the person in front of you dosent know how to drive.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROCKFORDlogo.jpg

Archived