00 Durango - build log ending. starting new one with the rebuild...

yea its lowered front and back on 20s didnt want anything too scandalous might sla it on 22s soetie in the future after i bring the lex back to life.... and i like it but why not color match the dash instead of the lighter gray-ish/white color? also if you mabe added another insert looking think where the speakers are mounted to give it a lil fill kinda like that leather above the door handle. maybe around your speakers to give it a little soething extra than just plain speakers in doors maybe like a ring 1/8th or 1/4" thick wrapped in vynil around each speaker but all connected so its one piece of wood kinda idk if youre getting me. i like it though ALOT

they didnt have anything that matched the dash and they sucked at matching the lighter trim pieces... but im happy for now, it will probably be painted soon anyway haha. but im thinking of doing something for the speakers like grills or a faceplate, i dont like how they are just out there in the open, the dustcap on one has already been pushed in....

\

yea i kinda figured thats what had happened. sucks and idk yea it looks like theres too much dor to much plain area soething needs to be done to really ake a stand that there was alot of work involved not just holes in a door you know

Can u pull off a hairtrick with ur system yet?

box tuned at what frequency?

i can get hair to move, not a full hair trick yet. i can also get a hat to stay up in the corner of the window... but its at 37 right now. the new box will be 41 for competition with a removable port thats about 32 for daily :nuts:

Any idea what it meters man?

last time i metered it was about 144.3 ive done stuff since then so im hopping for a 145 or better when the car is all done.

so 41 for spl?

30 for the lows, which should be pullin a hair trick..?

im not sure whether to tune my next box to a lower frequency or go higher?

yeah, my vehicle peaks at 41 so im making the box peak at the same frequency for spl. the removable port tuned to lower 30's should give me a hair trick and some nice flex B) but it depends on what your going for, if you want lows tune lower, if youre competing tune higher for a little of both tune mid 30's, you should mess around with different boxes and positions, i know my peak frequency changed when i moved the box and sound deadened. just a hint, boxes with subs up port back with the box about 6-8 inches from the gate get loudest in the durangos. i compete with this guy who does 153 and some change with only two 18's in his durango.

Any idea what it meters man?

last time i metered it was about 144.3 ive done stuff since then so im hopping for a 145 or better when the car is all done.

so 41 for spl?

30 for the lows, which should be pullin a hair trick..?

im not sure whether to tune my next box to a lower frequency or go higher?

yeah, my vehicle peaks at 41 so im making the box peak at the same frequency for spl. the removable port tuned to lower 30's should give me a hair trick and some nice flex B) but it depends on what your going for, if you want lows tune lower, if youre competing tune higher for a little of both tune mid 30's, you should mess around with different boxes and positions, i know my peak frequency changed when i moved the box and sound deadened. just a hint, boxes with subs up port back with the box about 6-8 inches from the gate get loudest in the durangos. i compete with this guy who does 153 and some change with only two 18's in his durango.

ps that 6-8 inches away from the back is true in most cases if not ALL some cars react different to different enclosure types but when n an open chambred vehicle almost always good to do subs up port back

Archived