00 Durango - build log ending. starting new one with the rebuild...

the rag in the door is just there to plug up the tweeter hole, AQ are out of them at the moment so i have to wait to order the rest...

man are these those 9 dollar focals?

uhhh.. no, its all AQ speakers and their super tweeters. focal speakers suck.

the rag in the door is just there to plug up the tweeter hole, AQ are out of them at the moment so i have to wait to order the rest...

man are these those 9 dollar focals?

uhhh.. no, its all AQ speakers and their super tweeters. focal speakers suck.

oh they looked kinda familliar thats why mind pm-ing me price on those? i looking to do 2 6.5 mids and 1 super tweet in each of my front doors and probably and 8 and tweet in rear doors on the new build in the lex

Any idea what it meters man?

last time i metered it was about 144.3 ive done stuff since then so im hopping for a 145 or better when the car is all done.

so 41 for spl?

30 for the lows, which should be pullin a hair trick..?

im not sure whether to tune my next box to a lower frequency or go higher?

yeah, my vehicle peaks at 41 so im making the box peak at the same frequency for spl. the removable port tuned to lower 30's should give me a hair trick and some nice flex B) but it depends on what your going for, if you want lows tune lower, if youre competing tune higher for a little of both tune mid 30's, you should mess around with different boxes and positions, i know my peak frequency changed when i moved the box and sound deadened. just a hint, boxes with subs up port back with the box about 6-8 inches from the gate get loudest in the durangos. i compete with this guy who does 153 and some change with only two 18's in his durango.

Alright thnx man, mine right now is...

subs up, port back, tuned to 34htz. 5.5 inch port

i think like 12 inches from hatch, i havent listened to it yet tho, box is gettin painted

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

im not going through 14 pages to find finalized build for SOTM. please make a post with easy clear pics of the finalized install

thanks

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

im not going through 14 pages to find finalized build for SOTM. please make a post with easy clear pics of the finalized install

thanks

thanks for letting me know, ive updated my post with more pics of the final build.

• 2 weeks later...

well, got laid off last week... it was just too slow at the shop to make any money... so ive been just hanging out looking for a new job. I did decide to do this though.

old grill inserts. (old pic too, back from when the truck was stock)

SANY0050.jpg

old inserts popped out.

IMG_20120515_110006.jpg

missed a few pics but i got the gutter guard from home depot, cut it to size, primered with self etching primer, flat black paint and this is the first one inserted.

IMG_20120515_132122.jpg

almost there!

IMG_20120515_134907.jpg

all in!

IMG_20120515_141251.jpg

painted the rings that i used to attach the grill to match the color of the car, now you can barely notice them there unless you look close.

IMG_20120515_141225.jpg

grill back on, rigged up a wire that goes to the side of the grill to pop the hood.

IMG_20120515_142813.jpg

IMG_20120515_144753.jpg

im going to do a walk around video showing every little thing ive done because i know i havent gotten everything on here yet and ive done a lot of work to it.

Archived