00 Durango - build log ending. starting new one with the rebuild...

Always make me excited to see another D on here! Idk bout you but my 99 D has been the biggest pain in the a$$ to work on. Do you plan on doing anything to the exterior like rims or lift?

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

Always make me excited to see another D on here! Idk bout you but my 99 D has been the biggest pain in the a$$ to work on. Do you plan on doing anything to the exterior like rims or lift?

its not too bad to work on, im used to working on my dads hyundai and subaru... now those are a bitch to work on. but im going to do a 3" lift with shackles and torsion keys, roof rack with kc's and tire mount and some other random crap haha. im into offroading, nothing too serious though.

i cleaned the shit out of my car yesterday at work, for those who dont know im a detailer at a dealership. but my D was pretty muddy from some offroading the other night :peepwall: here are some pics. not the best quality but ill mess around with them in photoshop later...

SANY0149.jpg

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0151.jpg

SANY0154.jpg

SANY0155.jpg

SANY0156.jpg

also painted the brake drums black and tested out the soundguard i got from work.

SANY0159.jpg

before

SANY0160.jpg

after

SANY0162.jpg

it takes FOREVER to dry so ill let you know what i think of it later. but i can tell you it stinks like :bull: now i see why its meant for the underside of cars, but im too lazy to spend a lot of time doing the prep work and masking everything off.

nice!! if you haven't already thought about it make sure you mount the box and amp rack to the floor since you like to go off roading

i didnt and i blew a 2200 watt amp cause it kept pushing power in when the ground came out :(

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

nice!! if you haven't already thought about it make sure you mount the box and amp rack to the floor since you like to go off roading

i didnt and i blew a 2200 watt amp cause it kept pushing power in when the ground came out :(

haha that sucks! but yeah, im bolting it down with four bolts from the seat i removed and the amp rack will be bolted down too.

i ran into a problem today, i was trying to move the amp rack forward towards the seats because thats where it needs to be for the box to be over it. (ill include picture of what im talking about.) when i moved it down and cut it to size i realized there isnt anywhere to bolt the amp rack down to.. im thinking of just getting some self tapping metal screws and screwing it down but the gas tank is awfully close on the drivers side. so is there anything i could do to keep the amp rack down?

(edit: added picture.)

SANY0144.jpg

Archived