Second Skin Audio

Finally Going To Make Up My Mind

I'm at it again, but this time I'm making up my mind.

I'm building a box for 2 DC Audio XL 12'' running off a AQ2200 each. It's going in a '94 Mazda B3000 ext. cab (Link To Build).

I was going to go with a complex box (Figure 1), but decided to go with something a little bit easier to make (Figure 2 & Figure 2.1).

What do you guys think?

Figure 1:

THEBOX.jpg

Figure 2:

Mybox2-1.png

Figure 2.1:

Mybox2xl2.png

Mybox2xl22.png

Edited by C.Sanchez.A

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

I really like the port area, but damn, that box ended up been small doesn´t it? maybe i would ditch the second baffle, that way, you can gain a lot of internal space and just use a couple of good old threaded rods to brace that shit out, i´m telling you this because if you are tuning it @ 36 hz then you are looking to play some nice lows wich are a little bit too difficult with only 1.5 cubic feet per sub hommie, i do think the box should work nice but it can work even better if it´s bigger, just my opinion :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I really like the port area, but damn, that box ended up been small doesn´t it? maybe i would ditch the second baffle, that way, you can gain a lot of internal space and just use a couple of good old threaded rods to brace that shit out, i´m telling you this because if you are tuning it @ 36 hz then you are looking to play some nice lows wich are a little bit too difficult with only 1.5 cubic feet per sub hommie, i do think the box should work nice but it can work even better if it´s bigger, just my opinion :drinks:

People for DC said that the 12'' XLS like 1.5... but from working with my current system I do realize the bigger box would get lower. As for making the box bigger I have more room to make the box taller. This is where my problem is I can't make up my mind. Grrrr.

Youtube Channel

Rusty really recommends that small? Damn, i dunno about that then, try asking skittlesaregood, i need he have tested a lot his DC´s but they are level 4´s if i´m not mistaken...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

This is my problem. Here is another box idea. I'm liking this one more.

TruckBoxSlotboxcalc-1.png

TruckBoxSlot.png

TruckBoxSlot2.png

Youtube Channel