Sonic Electronix

instead of people saying build another box or w.e id like to just stay on topic please. i have a shitty ported box with one re se 12 its slot ported and tuned to really high like high 40s. the box is a duel box and i have one of the holes borded off im thinking about adding an areo port to where the hole is to lower my tuning

what do u guys think

wanting to add a 3"x8" long port

zv3dr8.png

as far as cost i have no money if i did i would have built the box from the start im not talking about cutting the box just the piece of wood thats covering the whole how do i find out what my tuning would be after adding that port

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

dont add holes or ports. cough up $50 and just build a new box.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

dont add holes or ports. cough up $50 and just build a new box.

Agreed. The price of a decent new Aeroport, you have a box for single 12.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

i agree with everybody else...

answer is no...

im gna say rebuild.. but you dont wna hear that...

just adding another port.. throws off your tuning... unless your very very VERY careful with calculations...

but like i said... easier to jus rebuild...

but if your stubborn and refuse to rebuild...

heres what you "could" try

cut the box and make it sealed first(making it a single sealed 12).... calculate total volume... figure out tuning for an external areo port...

i would say thats the easiest thing you could do... (other then rebuilding a box)

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

i agree with everybody else...

answer is no...

im gna say rebuild.. but you dont wna hear that...

just adding another port.. throws off your tuning... unless your very very VERY careful with calculations...

but like i said... easier to jus rebuild...

but if your stubborn and refuse to rebuild...

heres what you "could" try

cut the box and make it sealed first(making it a single sealed 12).... calculate total volume... figure out tuning for an external areo port...

i would say thats the easiest thing you could do... (other then rebuilding a box)

i could just put a bigger bored to cover both the slot port and the other hole and go aero

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

im gona test adding a 3" port to see if i like my results with 1 3"x8 port the box is tuned to 25hz so i wonder what itll be with the slot port

new box

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

I know you don't want to spend money and i certainly don't like recommending it but get some 3/4" particle board to make a new box with as it only cost $20 a sheet since your budget is on the small to non-existent side.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i agree with everybody else...answer is no...im gna say rebuild.. but you dont wna hear that...just adding another port.. throws off your tuning... unless your very very VERY careful with calculations...but like i said... easier to jus rebuild...but if your stubborn and refuse to rebuild...heres what you "could" trycut the box and make it sealed first(making it a single sealed 12).... calculate total volume... figure out tuning for an external areo port...i would say thats the easiest thing you could do... (other then rebuilding a box)
i could just put a bigger bored to cover both the slot port and the other hole and go aero

no cuz its gona add the port volume into the equation... you said its a box for 2 12s... im guessing port in the middle? if so... then the port volume is shared with both sides of the enlosure if you seal it off... which is gona throw off you tuning again...

thats why i said cut the whole box in half.. and seal it...

take a pic of your box and post it up here...

ill try to expain...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack