Second Skin Audio

I love prefab boxes. . .

Just take the time and make ur own fliping box...that easy

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Good luck with the prefab. I had 2 Kicker L7 12's in a prefab and within a month the back of the box and the port boards were blown out. It was a waste of money that I should have used to just build a box myself which is what was done in the end.

The dirtiest of all "DuDurty"

• 3 months later...

This thread is 3 months old, but I thought I would add to it.

The sealed box is holding up nicely. 20 oz of polyfill, (2) MTX TT6512-02 subs wired at 1 ohm to an AQ2200 (yes a little over powered). Sounds great. Nice box for $65 shipped.

And in reply to a couple of the comments above - yes that is my wall, yes I have built hundreds of boxes and a few walls over the past 28 years. . .Just did not feel like building a box right now. Just finished general contracting my house and doing a lot of work on it myself. Time to rest.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2 sa 12s I got from a friend n I have a prefab labyrinth box 12" - 35.0"w x 15.0"h x 15.0"d 1.85 cu ft Air Space Tuning - 38 Hz

N there's the spec is this bad or good let me know I wanted to get a box made to fit my trunk nice but I have a scion tc n this box I have now is pretty damn big but I have learned alot about these labyrinth quad lock boxes I hooked up a mtx jackhammer jh 300 amp to my sa 12s bc my mtx 81000d was n the shop I had them go threw the whole thing be4 I hooked up everything n made my trunk look half way good n this Lil ass amp is 600watts max power n I couldn't believe how it made these sa 12s sound it didn't make my front window flex like the bigger mtx amp I had on them but I was blown away by the sound they had

I have a 2 sa 12s I got from a friend n I have a prefab labyrinth box 12" - 35.0"w x 15.0"h x 15.0"d 1.85 cu ft Air Space Tuning - 38 Hz

N there's the spec is this bad or good let me know I wanted to get a box made to fit my trunk nice but I have a scion tc n this box I have now is pretty damn big but I have learned alot about these labyrinth quad lock boxes I hooked up a mtx jackhammer jh 300 amp to my sa 12s bc my mtx 81000d was n the shop I had them go threw the whole thing be4 I hooked up everything n made my trunk look half way good n this Lil ass amp is 600watts max power n I couldn't believe how it made these sa 12s sound it didn't make my front window flex like the bigger mtx amp I had on them but I was blown away by the sound they had

hmm, SA wants 1.5 to 3cuft for each sa-12 and you have 2 in a 1.85cuft box. Seems legit.

edit:

also, not sure if trolling or not.. plsu old thread.

it's actually good this got dug up, lets uninformed people see why pre-fab is bad.

edit, #2

typo

1.5 to 2cuft

hmm, SA wants 1.5 to 3cuft for each sa-12 and you have 2 in a 1.85cuft box. Seems legit.

edit:

also, not sure if trolling or not.. plsu old thread.

it's actually good this got dug up, lets uninformed people see why pre-fab is bad.

Umm SA-12 asks for 1.5 - 2 cu/ft per woofer, not 3cubed per woofer. 3cubed per sub is kinda pushing it for many 12s, let alone a SA-12

Archived