mousemonster1232 Posted May 5, 2011 Report Posted May 5, 2011 I have had my 99 supercharged Pontiac Grand Prix gtp for about a year, and I started with one 10 inch, then moved to two 12 inch, then one 15, now two 15s. And here is the build for the 15 and some descriptions. First off - the car 99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. -new Eaton M90 S/C with a 3.2" pulley -aftermarket open air CAI -Reptile PCM flash -aftermarket Liquid Metal rims (blk with red rim) -tinted altezza tails -halo headlights -red underglow -interior lights all red with many hidden lights (vents, feet, etc) Now the audio -JVC deck -Bose sound system and the build. I am making a 12 ft^3 box to replace my back seat. It is going to have two AudioQue Street Duty SDC2.5 15" subs with an AQ 1200D amp powering it. With five 6" ports. More pics coming soon.
zayres29 Posted May 5, 2011 Report Posted May 5, 2011 not a fan of the rims but if you like em and holy port area what is that thing tuned to and 12cu for 15s??? thats as much room as i had for my 18s Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
iceman1575 Posted May 5, 2011 Report Posted May 5, 2011 I could NEVER go without my back seat. Front seat isn't big enough for me and my girl. Lol Tuned in. Which CAI you using? I'm thinking of getting one and seeing how it works... Agreed with zayres, the red trim & thickwall tires don't really work, but hey, it's your car, enjoy it. I love mine POTATO!
mr.p Posted May 5, 2011 Report Posted May 5, 2011 If he lowers it it will look fine. DCAUDIO BALLS DEEP
loganberry Posted May 5, 2011 Report Posted May 5, 2011 im not a huge fan of the rims either, too much rubber around it for that type of car imo...box looks pretty nice though, i love box's with alot of sexy aero ports My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
mousemonster1232 Posted May 5, 2011 Author Report Posted May 5, 2011 Yeah. It is lowered 2" on both. My downpipe scrapes on everything haha. I regret getting such small rims but I'm running low on cash! Ha. I am using the Spectre air filter and I created the rest of it out of various other materials such as plumbing materials and gromets. And I have no worries about no backseat I've got other places for me n my girl. Ha!
mousemonster1232 Posted May 7, 2011 Author Report Posted May 7, 2011 Just ordered two SDC2.5-15" and the AQ1200D yesterday. It says it should be here Wednesday.
mousemonster1232 Posted May 19, 2011 Author Report Posted May 19, 2011 It has been in now for about 3-4 days. It is great. Makes EVERYTHING shake. Hurts my ears! Only thing, I can't turn it past about 1/4% volume on the remote before clipping goes crazy. I'm not pro at this, is there a way to fix this? And I think I already broke something. My rear view mirror is auto dimming and the lights on the bottom of it dim out and turn back on randomly when I have my system out. COuld be a connection or because there isn't enough power. It isn't when it hits, so I'd figure it's not a power issue.
mousemonster1232 Posted May 22, 2011 Author Report Posted May 22, 2011 There we go,it is in and all. There is one issue, the front flexes a lot, so I am adding another baffle on the front of it later on in the week.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.