I got this email this moring from a co-worker. I have my views on it I figure let some of you chew on this.....

Did you see that Diane Sawyer has a special report coming up this week? They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA .

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they are going to show truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything and will be talking about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said that if every American spent just $64 more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs!

WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART and ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA ’

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '

I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think while the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets?

70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on May 1st and continue it until June 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and

lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, MAY 1 TO JUNE 1st !!!!!!

START NOW.

Send this to everybody you know Let's show them that we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America ...... BUY AMERICAN !!!!!

When I go grocery shopping, majority of what I buy is local. I have been looking at labels, since I was at a Woodland store, which is a farming community, I assumed most of the canned veggies, and other vegetable products would be nor cal based, but I was wrong!

A major chain store, based in a farming town, and the grocery products in the store are based 1000 - 7000miles away. I wondered why they didn't just use the local community?

So since then, I have been shopping at WholeFoods, or when I do go to Walmart or Safeway, everything I touch I look at the back of

Iam pro american economy

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Buying american is just a hassle for most because it takes 2 extra seconds to make sure it's American made and it costs slightly more. I buy American when I can, but most don't even think about it. That being said, before demanding we cut off our trading privileges with china, consider how much we are in debt to them. Don't think that would fare well with them.

I'm down with that

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Next time someone wants to buy a Sony, Kicker, or some other imported speaker this month, come to me, I make American made speakers, and all my vendors are US based

lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Seriously? You worry about made in the USA and shop at Walmart? Is that a joke? :ehh:

I have my views and basically it boils down to this. When applicable I buy American. The only time that foreign is never an option is with a vehicle. Biting the hard that feeds you, your friends, and your family is moronic (coming from Detroit).

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

If you think about it.. putting economy condition aside, USA made stuff should be cheaper, but no importing something from across the ocean is cheaper... Just seems so stupid.... But until the value of the dollar goes back up and and I can get more bang for my buck out of American made items, Ill buy all american but being in a tight budget.. Ill but whats cheaper thats just as good. Not because I want to, but because I have to...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Grocery I buy somethings at Walmart. Alot of the food actually most is US based, its the electronics, furniture, and other crap that is imported

Well, I only go to the Super Walmarts. When I dont go there, Iam also at Costco or Farmers markets, which I go to the Farmers market every weekend

Importing is cheaper, you know why?

What a China worker makes an hr is equivalent to 50cents an hr if that. Thats not exaggerated.

When a US worker gets paid like $8hr to do the same thing

Thats factory work ofcourse

sundown.jpg

Mandarin oranges from China? Blasphemy!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Grocery I buy somethings at Walmart. Alot of the food actually most is US based, its the electronics, furniture, and other crap that is imported

Well, I only go to the Super Walmarts. When I dont go there, Iam also at Costco or Farmers markets, which I go to the Farmers market every weekend

I wasn't referring to the items I was referring to the company as a whole, its treatment of workers, not to mention that whole illegal workers crap for a couple years back. It's just funny to talk about made in the USA and shop where they hire people that aren't even legal (for starters)... :pardon:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived