Sonic Electronix

Took bass knob off, repositioned speaker wires, still nothing :(

I have had no trouble hooking up an amplifier until this one, though none were of this caliber...

Caliber has nothing to do with it. I've installed cheapo amps for customers up to some amps I'd personally never pay for they were so expensive, and they all work pretty much the same man.

It sounds like you may have a RCA issue. Have you swapped out rcas?

I don't have another pair of RCAs, gave my friend my spare set when I installed his system.

I would go pick up another set for testing. I can almost assure you its either a bad set of RCA's or a faulty amp.

Alright, after I try setting the gain with the 50hz tone I will try this.

No one ever said to check the voltage at the amp, it could be a bad ground.

My voltage meter should have been in today, was hoping to have it up and running to check the voltage. Have no way to check it currently.

yea. but if u havent touched the phase it should still be at zero just leave it. best thing to do is go to walmart pick up a $10 DMM and check the voltage coming from the rca's from the speaker outputs on the amp and see what the voltage is at when u try to play the amp

Will leave phase at 0, if nothing else works will pick up a Dmm and check out the voltage.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Also, check your subwoofer level on the deck, make sure its at zero, not a negative number.You might need more than 33% gain with that shitty h/u as well.

If I had enough wire, I would do that. But as it stands I about 3ft short :(

And will check it out, along with all other settings on my HU. I'm sure I need a tad more gain but I didn't want to send a clipped signal, I'm a bit cautious. Going work on setting gain with test tone.

Was no clipping until 75% gain, and that was a soft blink. maybe that was the issue, going test right now.

IT LIVES! The gain was the issue! Thanks so much everyone! Man this thing is insane!!!!!

Will have them up tomorrow :D

And I promise to never multi post again as much as I did in this thread. So glad I got it figured out, can't believe I had to turn the gain up 3/4 of the way. Sorry for troubling yall when it was such a simple problem, but I greatly appreciate all the help! Yall guys are awesome :D

Vids tomorrow, hopefully getting it metered and oscoped, checking voltage and who knows, maybe a new headunit will be ordered soon ;)

IT LIVES! The gain was the issue! Thanks so much everyone! Man this thing is insane!!!!!

I missed the fact that you had such a shitty hu. That makes sense now.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I didn't think my HU was that shitty, but damn now I know :) Birthdays in a few weeks, think I'ma get myself a new HU, assuming my voltage isn't bad enough to where I'll need another battery.

Also guys, question about wire. I have about 7 feet of power wire extra from kni konceptz. Is there a way that I can combine the extra with the 5 foot long ground cable? Both 1/0. If that's possible, I would have enough to run ground straight from battery.

Archived