So what do you think guys power run off the alt or leave as is?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

I would run one from the bat and one from the alt but thats me

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I would run one from the bat and one from the alt but thats me

Thanks for the advice, as soon as get these batteries finished i'll give it a try it could only help , thanks again.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

• 2 weeks later...

Basically, u can never have too much wires!

cash and placement is limiting. AND benefit, at certain points u dont need any more.

I'd like to see someone testing with multiple rounds of + from front to back, but not having multiple rounds of (-), if there is really a difference. My schooling tells me it shouldnt if grounds are properly made in each end.

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

Big 3 means you need a ground from alt-ground and batt-ground. Yes the alt can ground through the motor, but it's suggested by every manufacturer I've used that you add a ground wire.

If that alt does 300a 1 run to the rear isn't enough (assuming you have 300a worth of draw). You need to at least run 1 run of 1/0 alt-batt and then 2 runs of 1/0 back. If you want to improve your voltage you need to also ground in the front and put one of the grounds through the inductive pickup so the PCM will react to the load you put on it (charging voltage). That's the only thing you can really do to improve voltage aside from a MLA.

You must not have looked before MLA does make a module... Unless they stopped making it.

I don't know the ins and outs, but I think those of us that have 07+ GM should have been told to run a 4 wire alt (ad/cs) and deal with the charge warning. This PCM crap is BS :P

One side note, you need to get a battery charger.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

For the most part my charging issues have been resolved, i had one battery that needed to be charged and i added two deka 31's to my bank in the trunk. I do have two runs of 0/1 runs to the back one + and one -, battery in the front is grounded to the strut tower and rear bank is grounded to the frame. I haven't grounded my alt yet but with all the mixed info i'm getting i plan to after all what could it hurt, I also put a new alt belt on seems like the old one had a little play in it voltage is holding good so far no more problems. I had spoke to the guys over at missing link when i bought my alt a while back and they didn't have a modual for my car yet and since no one talks much about them anymore i tried xs for a vcm they didn't have anything for me either, i did call them back and found out that they now make one for me and am going to be ordering it next week.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

I had spoke to the guys over at missing link when i bought my alt a while back and they didn't have a modual for my car yet and since no one talks much about them anymore i tried xs for a vcm they didn't have anything for me either, i did call them back and found out that they now make one for me and am going to be ordering it next week.

The one thing I don't get is how it works... I understand how it works with other the older alts, but not with these. The one thing you might want to check on with them is starting voltage. My truck will start as high as 15.85 and then settle in the 14's then 13's then... But the point is if that MLA adds a volt or even a half I would think my start would go from 15.85 to 16.85 or 16.35... unless it only works after it gets out of the start mode... Kind of confusing, I just never went with it because I didn't want to blow anything up. My XXX's can take that voltage no problem, but my 4 channel I'm not sure about.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

The way it was explained to me is that when the MLA is installed on newer vehicles it's wired directly inline with the PCU and tells the PCU that it's o.k to allow the alt to charge at a higher voltage. I was told that the newer G.M.'s and some of the other cars and trucks (don't remember which ones exactly) come with a stock alternator that will not charge above 13.9 volts no matter what you do to it and that the PCU is factory set to charge at this voltage, so in my case i have a after market alt that the MLA will work with and when wired into the PCU they work together as one and the MLA adjusts the factory set charge point from 13.9 to 15 or 15.5 whatever the chip in the MLA is set to. I spoke With the guys over at MLA for about 20 min. and they were very informative as far as how everything works together, I'm going to be ordering mine when i get paid next week, if it's going to help get my electrical rite and help my system run better and last a little longer i'm all for it.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt