Sundown Audio

Rockford 800a2

hello. their this seller on Craigs that is selling this amp to for $80 but i got to drive all the to him, about a 20 minute drive.. anyways... i want to know if these amps are any good? anyone ever owned these amps? how did they perform? i did some research on this amp and read nothing but good reviews. i just want to know and hear from you people :].

i got (2) 10 inch Alpine Type-Rs in a ported box, so you guys think it will be a good match up? ... also i have another seller in mind.. he is selling an Alpine MRD-M1005 amp for $100 (he might be flexible on price).. or should i go with this Alpine amp?

any input or suggestions will be appreciated :]. thank you for your time.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

bump?

well i gone ahead and bought the RF 800a2.. it has dual power and ground outputs.. anyone know how to set this up? i never had an amp that had this..

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

the 800a2 is a beastly amp got 2 with me over in okinawa. 8 0 bucks is a steal. heres the owners manual http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=N_hfpSOj&p_tbl=9&p_id=340&p_created=1083781892

also its not a bad match up for the type r's but they can take alot more power aswell

Edited by bre2ts

you win some, you lose some

bump?

well i gone ahead and bought the RF 800a2.. it has dual power and ground outputs.. anyone know how to set this up? i never had an amp that had this..

i hooked everything up. should i run another power wire from the amp? b/c right now i have just one wire connected, same as the ground. and what will be best way to wire my subs?... i got dual 4 ohm subs..

thanks people..

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

bump?

i hooked everything up. should i run another power wire from the amp? b/c right now i have just one wire connected, same as the ground. and what will be best way to wire my subs?... i got dual 4 ohm subs..

thanks people..

there are dual power and ground terminals so you must use both. easiest way would be to get a single run of 4 gauge and run it into a distribution block and split it into 2 8 gauge (iirc thats what the amp has) and wire as normal. you can do the same thing for ground or you can just do 2 8 gauge runs to the same ground spot on the frame.

bump?

thanks people..

there are dual power and ground terminals so you must use both. easiest way would be to get a single run of 4 gauge and run it into a distribution block and split it into 2 8 gauge (iirc thats what the amp has) and wire as normal. you can do the same thing for ground or you can just do 2 8 gauge runs to the same ground spot on the frame.

thanks for the reply Kranny :]... im just running one power and one ground wire.. and it works fine .. but im pretty sure its just using half of amp's power..agree? you think it would be fine if i ran just 2 power wires into the amp and just one wire on the ground?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

thanks for the reply Kranny :]... im just running one power and one ground wire.. and it works fine .. but im pretty sure its just using half of amp's power..agree? you think it would be fine if i ran just 2 power wires into the amp and just one wire on the ground?

i wouldnt run it like that for long. think about it, there is a reason why RF put 2 sets of terminals on there. and no you must use matching sizes and numbers of power and ground wires.

On the inside of the amp, both the power terminals go to 1 big block. But running both sets will let more amperage through the wire. I got an 800.2 which came out a year after the 800a2. It runs hot but its been in like 5 cars with different sub setupsand still works good. By birthsheet said like 980 watts @ 4ohm mono

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

I got 2 dual 4 ohm subs.. What will be the best way to wire these babies up?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical