Second Skin Audio

Box Help, pwease

I am trying to design a box for two Cadence ZRS 12-1000-2 12's. They are single 2 ohm coil subs. They will be powered by a Cadence ZRS C1. Its a trunk car with no intentions of porting thru the deck or sealing off the trunk. He just wants to deaden the hell out of it and have a nice box that plays low.

How do you know how much port are you should have. Cadence does not specify an ideal size for the box but since we are under powering the subs I figured something like 4-4.5 cubes before displacement. The Fs on the subs is 28.7 so I was thinking of tuning around 30-32Hz. What do you guys think about the box size and how much port I should have?

car is a 96 Civic.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I find it hard to believe that nobody can help me here.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

When I put that sub into bass box pro it recommends a sealed enclosure.

Name: ZRS 12-1000-2

Type: Standard one-way driver

Company: Cadence Sound Systems, Inc.

Comment: ZRS series

No. of Drivers = 1

Fs = 28.7 Hz

Qms = 4.524

Vas = 0.886 cu.ft <--

Xmax = 0.571 in

Qes = 0.493

Re = 1.9 ohms

Z = 2 ohms

Pe = 1000 watts

Hmmm, thats strange cause if I am not mistaken its supposed to be one of there SPL based subs...but I may be wrong. Either way I know he does not want to go sealed.

d(-__-)b

I put some specs into it and this is what I got with trying a 4cf box

Samplebox4.jpg

Samplebox3.jpg

Samplebox2.jpg

Samplebox1.jpg

Thanks...I dont want to take up your time but anyway you could do that with a slot port...

d(-__-)b

aim for 12-16 per cube dude. It does suck when they dont give any specs though. tune it to mid 30s and wang out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

box is gonna be slappin against trunk depth wise unless you are running everything forward.

those civics you need to have some room for the stuff to load off.

Bass box pro really does not do a good job with slot ports or at least I have not dove deep enough into it.

But here is RE Calculator and Torres Calculator side by side

Untitled.jpg

Would it be better to port on the side like that or between the subs. My concern would be loading issues if I port to one side

d(-__-)b

Archived