Sonic Electronix

I just built my new box 6.8cft @ 27.8hz with around 14-15inches of port. Sounds GREAT on lows but if I put my ear upto the sub I can hear a slight bump on highs from the cone is this normal due to such low tuning? I have my HPF @ 80z and my LPF @ 25hz. I try not to play highs my amplifier is "tuned" to 38v which is 1500rms and I see minimal voltage drop. So my only guess is its just a slight pop from highs and playing above freq? IT ONLY does it on really highs u can hear it like a tap or a pop its not even audible unless u put ur ear upto the sub on full tilt, if I turn the gain just down a bit (widge of a finger nail) it stops a bit but slightly adubile.

I just hope im not blowing my subwoofer, I cant really explain the noise and my cam didnt pick it up so has anyone had this happen? Its not a pop noise it doesnt sound bad mechanically it just sounds bad audibibly it sounds like airs hitting the cap and making like a pop or a tap sound haha.

IT NEVER did this in my old box tuned @ 38hz never is this unloading? I didnt put any 45's in and the port could have been mae better but I dont hear it from the port I hear it from the woofer. its NEVER done this on any of my boxes I tuned high.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

maybe something's loose in the box or woofer, or maybe you could try some polyfill.... idk other than that. you've got me stumped

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Nah I just built the box its not that. Its not woofer because its only happening because of the box never did it before i think im buying into it toom ucha nd its just normal noise i just want to make sure. I know if Played below tuning before the box would bottom out so im assuming playing too high ABOVE tuning can maybe cause this noise im getting I hope. I did hav e alot of saw dust in my box after I made it so some coulda got in my subwoofer but ive never heard of that happening. and by a lot I mean a lot I tried to clean it all out but I couldnt reach it all (BOX IS HUGE) so it accumulated in the corner of my port so I sucked it out I dont think thats causing it thought because if there was sawdust in my coil it wouldnt be good.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Is it coming from the woofed or port area

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

He said woofer but I'm confused about his crossover settings.

I hope he means LPF at 8 0 and HPF at 25.

You shouldn't need to worry about higher frequencies causing damage of any kind.

I don't know if you can be helped over the internet, almost need to hear it in person.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

The woofer :( and I just read sawdust can fuck ur VC up but I tested it and its fine theres not even any sawdust near hte pole I think that aspect is fine... Ugh what to do :-/

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

First off, HPF shouldn't matter and your LPF should be set around 70-90hertz. If your confusing LPF with subsonic, set it to 5 hertz below tuning frequency. Check your spiders, see if they're ripped. Check your cone and see if its breaking away from he former. Basically, remove you sub and free air it on low power. Find the source of the noise, obviously there's a problem.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I meant subsonic LPF is 70 lol sorryu and ok ill tak eit out and freeair the bish, I honestly am not too worried about it broski

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Went out listened again I cant even hear it now was probably just that song and the highs I turned my LPF to 60 and my subsonic a little more up turned my gain down a smidge and it seems fine, probably just light clipping and playing way too high over tuning.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga