Do amps make a difference in sq?

tonedeaf

Seriously, if you don't have the speaker,RCA's and a GREAT install and done quite a lot of acoustic mods.(except in some mercedes cars, since they have quite good acoustics to start with.)

It doesn't matter what amp you use, as long as it's decent.

Even in home audio amps don't matter a lot, and acoustics in a house are most of the time way better then in a car.

Korey_hofer i had a few(2) Mcintosh amps and i wasn't too fond of them.

They are not worth the high pricetag, they are very nice and built with a decent quality but i have seen quite a few brands surpass the quality and more power for the buck.

There hasn't been a test where you could hear a difference blindfolded between a "decent" and a very high end (expensive) amp. It's all psychoacoustics.

Do you know the brand Sansui? It was up to par with sound and buildquality with Mcintosh back in the days.

I'm sorry but I'm going with either, you are not looking for sq or your install was messed up/music was shit quality. when I dropped my mcintosh for my orions (orions are .05%thd) I noticed a big drop in performance

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Seriously, if you don't have the speaker,RCA's and a GREAT install and done quite a lot of acoustic mods.(except in some mercedes cars, since they have quite good acoustics to start with.)

Even in home audio amps don't matter a lot, and acoustics in a house are most of the time way better then in a car.

They are not worth the high pricetag, they are very nice and built with a decent quality but i have seen quite a few brands surpass the quality and more power for the buck.

There hasn't been a test where you could hear a difference blindfolded between a "decent" and a very high end (expensive) amp. It's all psychoacoustics.

Do you know the brand Sansui? It was up to par with sound and buildquality with Mcintosh back in the days.

I'm sorry but I'm going with either, you are not looking for sq or your install was messed up/music was shit quality. when I dropped my mcintosh for my orions (orions are .05%thd) I noticed a big drop in performance

I don't know how orion measurs THD, i suppose not at RMS. And i have had amps with 0.0003% of THD, seriously there is no difference between 0.0003% and 0.05% THD it is impossible for the human ear to detect. (i have played for a short moment with B&W 800 and used my power amp with the B&W nautilus which are amazing. Cables didn't do much, RCA's did, but his house is quite close to power cables so that is why there is a difference,insulation is important)

And like i said, psychoacoustics are very powerfull. If you want it to sound better it will sound better.

Acoustics in a car are most of the time very bad, especially compared to a Anechoic chamber.

(and the recordings used are high quality, i can ensure u that. Most of the SQ testings i do is with high quality acoustic recordings, why acoustic? because they are better recorded most of the time and sound more "pure".)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Kirill, from what ive been reading the subject seems very subjective, as music normally is. Some believe it really doesn't matter and others are advocate on the fact they think they do make a difference in sound. Many believe it really does make a difference, which is why they spend so much on the macintosh,audison, lp, etc.

I don't know how orion measurs THD, i suppose not at RMS. And i have had amps with 0.0003% of THD, seriously there is no difference between 0.0003% and 0.05% THD it is impossible for the human ear to detect. (i have played for a short moment with B&W 800 and used my power amp with the B&W nautilus which are amazing. Cables didn't do much, RCA's did, but his house is quite close to power cables so that is why there is a difference,insulation is important)

And like i said, psychoacoustics are very powerfull. If you want it to sound better it will sound better.

Acoustics in a car are most of the time very bad, especially compared to a Anechoic chamber.

(and the recordings used are high quality, i can ensure u that. Most of the SQ testings i do is with high quality acoustic recordings, why acoustic? because they are better recorded most of the time and sound more "pure".)

then I am going with you don't know how to install them

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Only thing I noticed in this thread was the mention of Soundstream TRX. I used to be a DIE-HARD SS guy. I bought one of them last year, to use on my rear stage, replacing an old ass Kicker ZX250.2. Didn't last long, as I was really disappointed w/ the SQ of the Soundstream. I soon decided to go back to Kicker. This doesn't mean I am dogging Soundstream, I just wasn't very impressed w/ the TRX line.

I know a lot of people dog Kicker, and sometimes for good reason. But IMO, they have really nice 4 channel amps, easy to set, problem free, and sound really nice, for the money.

But to each their own,

The one you picked will probably be great for your application!

But as for the original question, IMO YES is makes a difference which amp you use for SQ.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Little update for you guys though. Talked to patrick through emails and such after he had no decals for the amps. He just picked up the decals from the printer a couple days ago and the amp should be here today. Pat is a VERY helpful guy and I have never waited more than 12 hours for a reply. Cant wait to get this thing. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You ordered the Zuki yes? Better install it quick, I want to know your impressions of the build and sound output.... :good:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

You ordered the Zuki yes? Better install it quick, I want to know your impressions of the build and sound output.... :good:

Yeah i ordered the Zuki. She just got here earlier tonight. I had to go to work or I'd have had her playing, but it's very heavy and stout. It's a very clean basic finish. None of the flash, just gorgeous and plain. 3 exterior 40A fuses. Terminals and RCAs are awesome. I definitely like the look of her. Now I need to power her up. She is fairly long I will warn you. I think the v2 is 22" long, but I'll make it fit. :peepwall: Lemme see if I can figure out how to upload pics from my iPhone. :)

Yeah i ordered the Zuki. She just got here earlier tonight. I had to go to work or I'd have had her playing, but it's very heavy and stout. It's a very clean basic finish. None of the flash, just gorgeous and plain. 3 exterior 40A fuses. Terminals and RCAs are awesome. I definitely like the look of her. Now I need to power her up. She is fairly long I will warn you. I think the v2 is 22" long, but I'll make it fit. :peepwall: Lemme see if I can figure out how to upload pics from my iPhone. :)

download a picasa or photobucket app... and get em up here!!! lol :popcorn:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived