• 4 months later...
http://car-part.com/ i buy alot of used parts there even the harder to find stuff also be sure to check the grade of the part befor you call it will list milage of the part and what it came out/off of

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

My link This is where i got an H22 VTEC for my prelude. Still runs great

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

if youre looking into a used block to begin a build, I would not buy a block unless I could see it myself.... and even then it is a bit of a gamble. There can be damage right in front of your face that u cannot see. If you are doing a high performance build, your best bet is going to be to pick the best possible looking block you can find, tear it down completely, 100 percent if it isnt already, and contact a local performance shop and have the block magnaflux'd which will reveal any damage u might not be able to see... do the same for the head as well, unless u are using a known good head or buying it from a reputable shop.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

i plan on boosting a b18 but most of the blocks im looking at on Ebay and what not look like complete monkey shit, other than looking inside the cylinder walls for cracks what else should i look at?

They are the best of blocks to boost, thanks to an open deck design. Great motor to build for N/A though

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

• 1 month later...

If you are facing any problem with your used car, you can claim it:

• Document the repair orders that indicate the problem in your used lemon car
  • Notify the manufacturer of your car or vehicle of the defects and nonconformities, directly
  • Submit the warranty dispute to the arbitration program listed with the help of your state lemon law attorney for used cars, to improve your chances of receiving proper compensation

^god damn solicitors.

whatchu wanna do is find a block with little visible wear on the machined surfaces, contact the person and inquire about head deck warpage, and cylinder bore taper/shape due to usage,if all else fails get a block and have it bored out. remember the way to find out what your cylinder will be after boring is Taper x 2, + 0.01"

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

i plan on boosting a b18 but most of the blocks im looking at on Ebay and what not look like complete monkey shit, other than looking inside the cylinder walls for cracks what else should i look at?

They are the best of blocks to boost, thanks to an open deck design. Great motor to build for N/A though

no open deck block is good to boost..... thin cylinder walls..... a great block to boost is a fully closed deck..... have it sleeved and put bout 25 psi to it (with proper internals and standalone ecu and such) and you will have a QUICK car.

me personally im not a honda person...dont have anything against them but i like my subaru.

btw isnt the k20 the most powerful out of the box? thats what i was told lol i heard they are hard to find aftermarket parts for though n thats why no one uses them.....

idk...

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq