Sonic Electronix

its kinda hard to say whats cousing it in your particular case but the felt on the cones will fix the slap problem. these would work good for what you need just trim them down to fit

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x4-FELT-PAD-4-SQUARE-1-16-THICK-SELF-STICK-/370216997818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5632a713ba#ht_715wt_958

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

bump... Thanks I'll order taht what type of glue to use? and how much also should I cut like an oval piece? can anoyne show me examples

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

bump going to test the sub out and see if i still hear it and during what tones.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

lead slaps not hard to fix. just glue sum felt padding on the cone above where the leads are. thats how DC and FI and all the big boys do their cones and leads

ummm negative fi has intgreaded leads in there spiders no way it could every slap

dc is swon into the spiders

i would of bought a sub that has these upgrades but thats just me

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I bought this thing almost 6 months ago before FI even upgraded to the new BTL motors etc. So thanks for your uninformational help. Regaurdless its Custom Built I didnt buy it from a store so it got what I could afford.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

I bought this thing almost 6 months ago before FI even upgraded to the new BTL motors etc. So thanks for your uninformational help. Regaurdless its Custom Built I didnt buy it from a store so it got what I could afford.

funny ive been running fi/aa for 3 years and they all have the intergrated tinsels the motor has nothing to do with that

your welcoming for you INFORMATIONAL help

not my fault you went cheap on your subs :P

and after some time the leads will wear and then tear

So i played some lows today and listened sounds like my woofer is bottoming out on some of the heavy lows, it deffinately didn't do this on the highs its not very noticable but it cannot be good. Does this mean too low of tuning and too big of box? I'm guessing this is why the tinsels are hitting because of too much excursion. Thanks RAAM DESIGNS for suggestions 28hz @ 7cft jackass.

Alpine I could honestly give a fuck less you're annoying me just leave my topic I ran a FI and it did have woven leads but im not running a FI now so it doesnt matter I dont need to hear what you would have done point is I bought this sub.

and I know the motor doesnt have anything to with it jackass im saying i havnt ran fi since then so it wasnt a choice. and i wasnt too impressed with the SSD at the time for the price.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

So i played some lows today and listened sounds like my woofer is bottoming out on some of the heavy lows, it deffinately didn't do this on the highs its not very noticable but it cannot be good. Does this mean too low of tuning and too big of box? I'm guessing this is why the tinsels are hitting because of too much excursion. Thanks RAAM DESIGNS for suggestions 28hz @ 7cft jackass.

Alpine I could honestly give a fuck less you're annoying me just leave my topic I ran a FI and it did have woven leads but im not running a FI now so it doesnt matter I dont need to hear what you would have done point is I bought this sub.

and I know the motor doesnt have anything to with it jackass im saying i havnt ran fi since then so it wasnt a choice. and i wasnt too impressed with the SSD at the time for the price.

lol YOU MAD?????????

then you build a box someone told you to and your mad and calling him names

your the jackass

full of lol's

i will leave when im good and ready

Grr..... A catfight :peepwall:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Actually man Fi has been doing this for a long time. Much longer than 6 months. Had nothing to do with the BTL motor upgrade.... so I think Team was actually informational. :drink40::peepwall:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived