Sonic Electronix

Buzzing Sound Coming Out Of Subs....?

Ok, so I installed a buddy's system for him last night. He bought two used MTX 8000's, in a sealed box, and a Hifonics 1206. The truck he just got came with a pionneer head unit, power wire already hooked up, ground already bolted down, remote wire plugged into the head unit, along with the RCA cables already installed, and ran to the back of the truck, to where the previous system of the previous owner had been.

Well I got everything hooked up, and we start playing some music. I start powering up the amp and the subs get to moving. I finally get the amp tuned pretty well, but then I turn down the music to ask him if he's happy with the setup but immediatly I notice a steady buzz coming from the subs.

In my opinion, I think the RCA cables aren't up to par and are recieving a horrible signal...(they look really old). I talked to another who had the problem and he suggested the speaker wire, but the wire is brand new, 12 gauge...plenty big for the low wattage system.

So tell me guys....what could be the problem?

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

yeah, pioneer head units, dunno why, I had 2 that did the same thing. I tested it by twisting some thing gauge wire around the outside of the RCAs at the deck, and no more noise....

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived