Sonic Electronix

im new to the forum, I have 05 f150 supercrew with a mechman 250 alt, Big 4 with 0gauge, sound deaden all doors and backwall and some on the floor and firewall, my system includes jl c5 6.5 components in the front doors and c2 5x7 in the rears with a jl slash v2 300/4 on them and a jl slash v2 1000/1 on a jl 12w7 in a ported box, my question is, what sub could i replace the w7 with when i do spl comp? the sub would need to be i reckon a 1000 watts rms and would be louder than the w7 in spl. This sub would only be used when i do sound comp, i been lookin at audioque hd3 , are they any good for spl? any ideas guys?

I would say dc audio lvl 3 or 4... I had a pair of w7s in my car off a jl 1000/1 and I can tell you my xl 15" with clamped 1972 watts running to it is prolly 5 DBS louder. Plays music better and flexes the he'll outta my car. Hands down favorite sub I've owned and I've had it for a little over a week

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

I would say dc audio lvl 3 or 4... I had a pair of w7s in my car off a jl 1000/1 and I can tell you my xl 15" with clamped 1972 watts running to it is prolly 5 DBS louder. Plays music better and flexes the he'll outta my car. Hands down favorite sub I've owned and I've had it for a little over a week

you were underpowering your JLs and are over RMS on an XL so really not even a fair comparison whatsoever

i'll buy anyone an XL who wants to trade 2 w7s