How much does a HU matter? Sony?

Sony got the new chip 2 years ago, sound quality from the deck is much better now.

Years ago, they were shit, but now...sony is on par with the others.

Jvc and kenwood are now the same thing, to say 1 is awesome and 1 sucks is an un-informed statement..meaning, your a retard hater.

Hell, jvc is one of the only decks with burr brown inside.and 4v out.

Go ahead and look at all the pioneers.....see any 4v decks? .........waiting.....burr brown....?

Alpine is to much money for features.imo

And I sell all of these brands.

Bang for buck, least warr issues....jvc, hands fuggin down.

And ease of use.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

my 117 has burr brown and 4v preouts. plus its pretty.

I totally agree though in accordance with the JVC comment. They hands down give you the most features with the least headaches. I loved and hated my kenwood (you know why) JVc i never had an issue with but didnt like the way mine looked. Yes i will totally change a headunit out that sounds great if i dont think it looks good.

Pioneer has honestly in my opinion went in the toilet as far as single din units go. front only usb is FTL, the design of all of thier desks are terrible. display is horrid.

I'm used to my Alpine and how to use it so its easy for me now. but im totally a dont open the book just figure it out guy, and JVC is by far easiest to get everything .

Ray, maybe you can tell me whats wrong with my JVC then. Not sure the model of hand, but my problem is when listening to FM radio or through my Auxillary input, my bass wouldn't be as loud. I could max out the volume without clipping, when I set my gain to clip around 20 out of 30. When listening to a CD or USB drive, it would Play correctly. Not sure if what I said makes sense :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Menu, audio, amp gain, set to high instead of low power.

Low setting limits the vol to 30

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

my 117 has burr brown and 4v preouts. plus its pretty.

I totally agree though in accordance with the JVC comment. They hands down give you the most features with the least headaches. I loved and hated my kenwood (you know why) JVc i never had an issue with but didnt like the way mine looked. Yes i will totally change a headunit out that sounds great if i dont think it looks good.

Pioneer has honestly in my opinion went in the toilet as far as single din units go. front only usb is FTL, the design of all of thier desks are terrible. display is horrid.

I'm used to my Alpine and how to use it so its easy for me now. but im totally a dont open the book just figure it out guy, and JVC is by far easiest to get everything .

Alpine has been the best HU i ever owned never had a problem once. I still have my old HU from 2005 that works perfectly fine. I totally agree with pioneer they went down hill especially with design and display. I have the lowest model jvc and i hadn't had a problem yet but hands down my vote goes to Alpine except for the price.

Edit: spelling & grammer fail

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=CDXGT650UI

Just installed this one in my S10. Bought it to replace an Aging Alpine. They're getting ready to rid their line of this Xplod crap but the unit and their current line is a rework of their previous lines. This current line (The one you mentioned in the first post, and the one I'm recommending) is part of the new audio profile re-work.

I'm very satisfied with the features, connections and sound quality. Very reasonably priced, well documented, remote is a great enahancement and a suprise was direct or indirect iphone/ipod control.

I've finally found something to replace my old-school alpine that I like. The relative Alpine's today (Single din) are unimpressive enough for me to have re-visited Sony HU's.

1998 S10

(Custom din.5 frame)

SONY H/U - 1 Din

Memphis EQ - .5 Din

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Dash Plates)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Door components)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 500.1 (SVC 4OHM tied at 2OHM to monoblock)

2 10 Inch Polk Competition Subs

2 4/6 Plates

2 6.5 Components

Stock Alternator

Archived