DC Sound Lab

2 dc 2k's or 2 aq2200's

i wanna have some input on wheather to get 2 dc 2ks or 2 aq2200's to power 2 xl 18s.. which will give me more power? cause dc amps seem more efficient and still have same fuse rating.. plan is to strap them @ 1ohm or just run one amp per sub @ .5ohm.. pricing on these amps are very similar also..

dc5k an option?

no i would love to have that sexy beast but its pricier and 2 amps fight rise better than one = more power.. since im strapping at 1ohm ill rise to around 2-3 hopefully and see rated power from amps or more.. and wiring the 5k to .5 would rise me to around 1.5-2.5 meaning probably 3k verses 4k+ from the 2 amps.. i would like them to see 6k thou

i really think either option you will be very happy with

both are very sexy amps

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

dc5k an option?

no i would love to have that sexy beast but its pricier and 2 amps fight rise better than one = more power.. since im strapping at 1ohm ill rise to around 2-3 hopefully and see rated power from amps or more.. and wiring the 5k to .5 would rise me to around 1.5-2.5 meaning probably 3k verses 4k+ from the 2 amps.. i would like them to see 6k thou

if thats the case

matching subs & amps is sexy =] :drinks: .

x2

you win some, you lose some

either amp will do over rated power if you have the right electrical setup. just do a DC5k bro and save ya time searching around for a good amp.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

either amp will do over rated power if you have the right electrical setup. just do a DC5k bro and save ya time searching around for a good amp.

i know they are rated pretty conservatively.. why do ppl tell me to get the 5k? ill probably see less power with it.. i see you have xls and a 5k? what are u clamping? explain your build.. def interested

Edited by dc=realbass

Here's how i see it.

Assuming you are strapping the 2 2ks you have 4000 at 2 ohms. That's before rise.

With the 5k you have 5000 at 1. Wiring to .5 even with decent rise I'm sure you will get over 4000 once its all said and done since the 5k clamped over 5600@1