Skating Rink Music

Looking for some of the 90's music you would have heard at the skating rink. Well....if you were at the skating rink in the 90's maybe you know what im looking for. I guess just 90's rap, Hip/Hop, dance, party. most likely 80's too.

Depending on what you want I got a lot.

Looking at that dj dega stuff looks like a lot of freestyle like collage, tora, Cynthia, lil suzy etc...

Like I said in another post, I grew up in a buddys skating rink, I got a lot of "info" to offer.

Ill start by dropping a few links quick.

Here is a forum I use to moderate back in the day. Its a skate team but there are members from all over the US on it. www.breaksk8empire.com

They also got a jamskate music section that people ILLEGALLY share music :) They been doing it for over 8 years now and still no one got busted.. knock on wood....

But depending on what your looking for, I got the old school goodies. I got a nice collection of a few artists, and many other popular rink songs. Afrika Bambaataa, Arabian Prince, Arthur Baker, Collage, Cover Girls, dazz band, Debbie Deb, Dynamix II, Egyptian Lover, Elissa, freestyle, George Clinton, George Lamond, Grandmaster Flash, Intonation, Johnny O, Julissa, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Midnight Star, Newcleus, Nyasia, timmy t, stevie b.. I could go on but thats too much work..

Oh and also here is a site some Dj's from the semoran skateway roller rink in flordia started, verrry nice rink btw. www.skatefm.com It is not FIREFOX freindly, unless they finally changed it, but you need ie 9 or higher and at least wmp 9 or 10.

Couldnt get much off the websites, but that old school collection you listed there is impressive. I love that type of music...just dont know much about the artists and everything. Ill have to look up the names. Or if possible you could post a downloadable file of them?

I have acouple Afrika Bambaataa and Newcleus not much tho.

well I tried putting them in a winamp playlist and opened it with notepad and it seemed to work besides all the file paths which make it a bit hard to read.. but it gets easier to read the farther you go into the list...

Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7GTRALV1

I guess I dont know how to use it. Do I become a member on that site and then I can view it?

I guess I dont know how to use it. Do I become a member on that site and then I can view it?

1- click the link.

2- enter 3 digit code in the box to the right of the code.

3- click download.

4- save the download to where ever you would like (preferablly desktop so you can find the file easily).

5- open the text file.

6- read the songs

:)

Here is a image of the 3 digit code and where to enter it. Its circled in red :)

Posted Image

Remember, these are just a list of a bunch of old school hiphop, electric funk, freestyle, breakbeat songs, not actual songs to listen too.

Archived