Sonic Electronix

audio technix ftw. dont pay for over priced stuff when you can get pretty much equal for cheaper. audio technix has proven its quality and from wut ive seen of it its a very good product

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

audio technix ftw. dont pay for over priced stuff when you can get pretty much equal for cheaper. audio technix has proven its quality and from wut ive seen of it its a very good product

this. for $60 for 25ft^2, cant beat it. it def. reduced my rattle noise

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

just wwas wondering jon but why is fatmat rattletrap not as good?

i mean only thing i had to compare it to was dynamat and it seemed thicker and didnt smell at all i was actually really pleased.

so i was just curious because im planning on getting more for different areas

Fatmat used to have a pretty bad rep. I have XXX installed in my car throughout, never had any issue, and it never stunk. But I get razzed everytime I mention it here. Its a fanboy forum. Sure the other products are better, but the price was right at the time when I went with the XXX.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

The accord is my daily driver. I work on Cadillacs and wanted to match the same sound they have on the freeway with my own car. I like driving and not letting anything interrupt my music.

Ah ok.

My only suggestion would be next time use a MLV in conjunction with a vibration mat. Crazy awesome results because the MLV will actually block and reflect noise.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Fatmat used to have a pretty bad rep. I have XXX installed in my car throughout, never had any issue, and it never stunk. But I get razzed everytime I mention it here. Its a fanboy forum. Sure the other products are better, but the price was right at the time when I went with the XXX.

FatMat gets a bad wrap because it has a track record of being made with asphalt and failing. Combined with a thin "foil" and you have yourself a sub-par product compared to the standards of the competition.

I try not to razz anybody for using whatever product they want. It's your money and your vehicle, I can't say boo. So if you are happy with the results FatMat has given you, isn't that all that matters? I think so.

As always, I am here provide people with input and information to make an informed decision because an educated customer is a happy customer.

usa_render4.png

The accord is my daily driver. I work on Cadillacs and wanted to match the same sound they have on the freeway with my own car. I like driving and not letting anything interrupt my music.

Ah ok.

My only suggestion would be next time use a MLV in conjunction with a vibration mat. Crazy awesome results because the MLV will actually block and reflect noise.

MLV? Is that like a vinyl barrier?

MLV? Is that like a vinyl barrier?

Yep. Mass loaded vinyl.

1 to 1.5 pounds per sq. ft., makes a big difference.

usa_render4.png

this. for $60 for 25ft^2, cant beat it. it def. reduced my rattle noise

x3 Audiotechnix is the truth. Second skin is really good too and as you can see their reps are cool as hell. But if you'r on a budget AT all the way.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

x3 Audiotechnix is the truth. Second skin is really good too and as you can see their reps are cool as hell. But if you'r on a budget AT all the way.

Thanks, I like to think I'm cool as hell. ;)

I wish I had the opportunity to touch, smell, and taste AT's product so I can give people my honest feedback on it (since it is practically the only vibration mat I haven't used). Might just have to buy me some.

usa_render4.png

there are very little difference in the at and the similar product from second skin. i think it was the second skin has a little bit thinker foil on it and the rest was the same but not 100% positive

here ya go. this was done from a third party and not from ss or at

ATvsSS.jpg

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Archived