Sonic Electronix

Anyone ever mounted speakers close to your head ??

Since i am into the complete listening experience and not just heavy bass, as you can tell from my build !!! I was wanting to mount some small two inch full range drivers in between my sun-visors in a small fiber-glass enclosure. These would be positioned to point straight towards the head and only run on 5 to 10 watts so they can b ran off the HU. I think it would help a lot with low to medium volume listening which i do a olt of since i have kids with me most of the time. Below is a rough drawing(hopefully you can tell by it , im not an artist !!)of the idea of the mounting and then a link and pic of the speakers i will use. What do ya'll think ?? would only cost about 30 bucks so i think it would be worth trying, how about ya'll ?????

IMAG0201.jpgIMAG0202.jpg

297-212_sii.jpg

http://www.parts-exp...tNumber=297-212

rwhops.jpg

Would it not be a slight waste? Since people mount speakers on the pillars pointed at the opposite sides seat so its aimed at their ear. Having a speaker facing directly at you might not work as well.

Maybe glass full range speakers onto the pillars instead?

But its your vehicle =] and its different, hell if you want it go for it. Good idea for more dynamic sound if you`ve already pillar speakers mounted.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Would it not be a slight waste? Since people mount speakers on the pillars pointed at the opposite sides seat so its aimed at their ear. Having a speaker facing directly at you might not work as well.

Maybe glass full range speakers onto the pillars instead?

But its your vehicle =] and its different, hell if you want it go for it. Good idea for more dynamic sound if you`ve already pillar speakers mounted.

Actually i think your correct, it would make more sense maybe to mount them in my B-pillars, i already have some awesome A-pillars so i think they would work in my B's but they are fairly close to my head .

My A-pillars : :

101_0124.JPG

Would mount the speakers at the top of my B's :

IMAG0203.jpg

rwhops.jpg

My old car had two 3" speakers in the headrests... I liked it, haha.

Low power obviously

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

my a pillars scream.. they each have 2 4" coaxials.. i would say make use of those if you haven't already. its always cool to put speakers in unique and unorthodox spots, but i recommend you fill out the normal areas first (doors, pillars, rear deck)

Yeah i already have A-pillars done so i doubt the others would be heard much over these !!! :

101_0124.JPG

Oh, and i have the doors done already also, and im working on the rear deck now !! Thanks !!

095IMAG0241.jpg

rwhops.jpg

Archived