Transmission people? if there are any... please help

man i went thru 5 transmissions in my blazer it was trowing all types of codes it turnned out to be a bad rear seal that would dump out fluid

damn thats all bad! mine is on tranny number two, but hasnt leaked any fluid. god i hope thats not the next thing to go wrong tho, right?? horrible luck with this damn thing!

Its from the movie american psycho...

I will not trust anyone for a rebuild man, im either buyin a super low mile oem taekout 20,000 or less, or a ford brand new reman and torque converter...

Cant trust shops anymore.

And yea thats why the 12k has to go to buy the trans...i can get something further down the road like 4 2k's or something.

iv never had to take any vehicle to a shop before ever, this is a first because i dont kno trans, or shit about them. example, the trans in it now is one i bought on craisglist 3 years ago to do a 5spd to auto swap in the s20. counted splines and it bolted up to my silverado when the trans went out. BUT that craigslist tranny is causing me all the problems now, and add that to a shady ass shop. i got fucked. live and learn i guess, but i have to get this shit under control. i dont have the money to buy a new one, or even pay for a rebuild. thats why i got a repair instead, and wish it was any other shop in sacramento. ud think an old timer would be the best guy to take it too, but hes the fucking WORST

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

squeeze on the front and rear of that passenger side connector and it should come straight up

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

squeeze on the front and rear of that passenger side connector and it should come straight up

good to know il try again. I did try that last time but was scared to yank to hard, and not knowing if that was the right way in the first place. il give it another go, thanks man!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

Updates bro?

the last 2 days iv had a bunch of doctors appointments. but the last two days its shifted just fine... But im pretty sure the truck will run and shift without it.... very weird it makes me wonder if the MAF had something to do with it? Im gonna keep testing it each day and when it starts fuckin up again im gonna get the plug pulled (now that I know the correct way without breaking it, cause that would be real expensive and difficult to replace) and try to hardwire the pink wire(s?) to the ignition, then go from there.

does anybody know any further about that MAF ? To me it dosnt make sense, but im sure theres somebody on here that can explain if it could be responsible, cause it dosnt seem like it should to me, yet the truck has ran fine since i swapped it. is it just dumb luck? Big quinceedince(sp) and it has nothing to do with it? what do you guys think??

Edited by numatik

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Yes, the maf can make your trans mess up. We see it every few months. It can send wrong signal to computer and trans shift timing/feel can be off. Computer might think you going faster or slower cause air reading is not right. Truck might think you on full throttle when you arent so it might make trans shift too late or too early. Never seen one put the trans in limp though, just shifting and shift timing issues.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Yes, the maf can make your trans mess up. We see it every few months. It can send wrong signal to computer and trans shift timing/feel can be off. Computer might think you going faster or slower cause air reading is not right. Truck might think you on full throttle when you arent so it might make trans shift too late or too early. Never seen one put the trans in limp though, just shifting and shift timing issues.

ah never thought of it that way. the weirdest thing is every single time it would fuck up, if i would go somewhere, park for more then like 10mins, come back it would shift like nothing was wrong!! maybe that was the confused MAF, but it would only do it when i first drove the truck after it being off the entire night that it would do it, so basically when its dead cold. god so i hope it dosnt come back and that MAF fixed it, otherwise im gonna start with running that wire to the trans, THEN if its still fucking up, im really gonna let the guy at the tranny shop get a fuckin earful.... cause this shit is ridiculous

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

and i was right it started fucking up again.

so 2marro im running that wire, first thing in the morning. there are two pink wires, so when i pull the plug im hoping they both goto the same pin. if they dont im just gonna test them both with the multimeter with ignition on, and whichever is hot when ignition is on is the one getting tagged, then im running the wire to the column, putting a 15a fuse inline, and tap to the column ignition where my alarm and other accessories connections are made. Hope this works, if it dosnt I dont know what to try next, or what the guy at the tranny shop is gonna tell me to try. wish me luck, and post any other ideas you guys think it could be???

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Alright today i got the plug loose (that bitch was like super glued down or something) found the correct wire, ran the new lead to the main ignition wire on the ignition switch, 15a fuse inline. Took it on a test drive and everything was cool. problem with this is iv gone 2-3 days before it would screw up, so im not out of the water yet. hopefully its fixed but like i said before im not holding my breath. if this dosnt solve the problem im not sure what will.... but the tranny guy wouldnt touch it till this problem was fixed. he wanted me to change the whole ignition harness, but thats a chunk of change for just one wire to have a possible short. god i hate transmissions

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Nice man, good to hear it's back on the road. I've had nothing but trouble with almost every automatic vehicle I've owned, that's why I only buy manuals now.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want