Have you thought of Cutting Cable TV Service?

You would think that with today's technology they could offer something like that.

Never ... it doesn't work that way ... how would the programmers make any money ?? the only thing that might happen would be a full on-demand feature ... but not pick and choose local/tier programming ...

Cablguy is there any interesting changes coming down the pipe for comcast?

Faster internet ... better phone service ... more on-demand / pay-per-view - HD/3D interaction ...

How much faster on the internet? I am at 20mb down now but I am in a good location.

You would think that with today's technology they could offer something like that.

Never ... it doesn't work that way ... how would the programmers make any money ?? the only thing that might happen would be a full on-demand feature ... but not pick and choose local/tier programming ...

Faster internet ... better phone service ... more on-demand / pay-per-view - HD/3D interaction ...

How much faster on the internet? I am at 20mb down now but I am in a good location.

Not sure ... thats where I'm at now too ... you got to admit, thats fast !!!

but yes ... I'm hearing about faster speeds ... for businesses maybe, not really for me to say at this time ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well I just did it.. Called the cable company up and canceled my TV service completely. They tried selling me a package for 30.00 cheaper but I declined and told them I only watch three channels and those are in the upper tier programming so just cut the whole thing.

Going to take the box back now :)

This reminds me so much when I decided one day to eat healthy, cut fast food, and cut pop, I did it for myself and havnt looked back since, I feel great!!! Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices and you will find out it will change ya a bit. Maybe because you dont have tv you end up going out and doing something that you may have never done, or something like that, it happened to me :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Not sure ... thats where I'm at now too ... you got to admit, thats fast !!!

but yes ... I'm hearing about faster speeds ... for businesses maybe, not really for me to say at this time ...

we have 20mbps service here, and it peaks at 2.5 MB/s which lets me dl anything in a few minutes, its awesome. Remember when they advertise a service like 20 mbps, it stands for MegaBITS per second, so you have to divide by 8 to get the bytes which is 2.5 MB/s :P its expensive as hell though, and I am going to miss these speeds when I move out :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I wish they would just let you pick the channels you want,

So I want for example Starz,HBO,Discovery,Spike,Comedy Central,History(pawn stars ftw), Tru(op repo ftw), etc.... and they charge you like 50c-1.50 or something per channnel.....I already know you can get starz and HBO and others like that by them selves but they need to let you choose individual channels IMO.

Edit: To expand on dereileak's post above, it pisses me off when an IP advertises x speed but its never that speed except for brief moments or very early in the morning, or what they call every other time during the day "Peak Hours", its like so your saying I'm not getting what I payed for except at 3 in the fucking morning

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Haven't had cable now for 4 years, saved me about $139 a month. I get all my stuff over HDTV OTA signals which I get about 10 local channels and about 20 stations from Mexico. I do everything via mobile and streaming.

If I want to watch something, I'll get it off youtube or T-Mobile TV streaming. I don't even watch tv everyday, I get in about 4 hours a week. Cable is a waste, too much crap to watch and so little time too.

With my HDMI out on my phone, I watch all the shows I want that are all ready downloaded to my phone. My own personal DVR without the extra costs.

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

With my HDMI out on my phone, I watch all the shows I want that are all ready downloaded to my phone. My own personal DVR without the extra costs.

I want to know more about HDMI out on your phone

• 6 months later...

I wish they would just let you pick the channels you want,

So I want for example Starz,HBO,Discovery,Spike,Comedy Central,History(pawn stars ftw), Tru(op repo ftw), etc.... and they charge you like 50c-1.50 or something per channnel.....I already know you can get starz and HBO and others like that by them selves but they need to let you choose individual channels IMO.

Edit: To expand on dereileak's post above, it pisses me off when an IP advertises x speed but its never that speed except for brief moments or very early in the morning, or what they call every other time during the day "Peak Hours", its like so your saying I'm not getting what I payed for except at 3 in the fucking morning

You never know with TOTAL interactive products ... just might happen ...

In my neighborhood ... the average internet customer is getting 28 to 35 megs downloads with 2 to 5 megs up ... (no need for the specific term corrections, you all know what I mean) ...

and getting rid of analog programming, makes ALOT more room for digital programming and forward / return interaction ...

upgrades like this cost money ... ALOT of it ... So, to fit the customers demands like this, System upgrades happen all the time ... hence most of the reasons why customer's bills go up ...

people demand more services ... Only one way to get the systems there ... UPGRADE !!! :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch