Sonic Electronix

Most, if not all head units clip at a certain volume, correct? I remember this from Meade's vid when setting the gain*.

Is the clipping brand dependent or model dependent?

I have a Kenwood KDC-X592 but no o-scope, I've seen various vids on YT of some ppl going to 30+ out of 35...I usually just go to 30/35, sub level at +3 (with ipod), sometimes I drop the sub level to 0 when using a CD just because the bass hits harder of course.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Aint brand dependent or model, ive seen on some forums the same model headunit clip at different levels, best bet is to pick up an o scope but you could get a roundabout figure that the clipping starts on your hu.

Plus ipods have been known to cause clipping at certain volumes.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

there are some headunits that don't clip or clip at like one notch under max but I can not remember what they are

usually just safe to go to 3/4

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I know that 3/4 rule too for setting the gains. So 3/4 of 35 according to Google is 26.25 lol

Also, I'm running the current stock speakers off my head unit....I heard about the ipod thing too, I run it at the full volume and have yet to have any problems. I would run it through the USB instead of the AUX but it takes so damn long to scroll through the songs through the deck.

Thanks for the info though!

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Most people say units from that series are fine up to 34 with all EQ and sub settings at 0 and 'loud' off. I'd probably use 32 just to be safe.

When I get a scope I think I'll scope all of my friend's iPod's headphone outputs and make a thread about it.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Good info man, when I had it in the beat shop a few weeks ago (radio wiring harness was messed up) I saw them going up to 32....I stick to 30 due to the ipod clipping issue and some songs being clipped, 30 sounds good and seems relatively safe.

Reason I back the sub level down from +3 to 0 when using a CD is because songs like "Last of Dying Breed" from Jeezy where the bass line is punchy my lights will go to the music lol when the sub is up that high

I have a 5th Gen Nano and have the EQ set at Flat, got the tip from somebody on here.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6