Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

$$$$ everything costs so much...

and people who are in my high school and their parents buy them really expensive systems and they know nothing about their system nor did they participate in an part of the design or build of the system (not to mention the insanely expensive cars that those systems are in)

$$$$ everything costs so much... and people who are in my high school and their parents buy them really expensive systems and they know nothing about their system nor did they participate in an part of the design or build of the system (not to mention the insanely expensive cars that those systems are in)

Yeah, I feel you there man. Just remember it's all about the install.. least you know what your doing and what the systems capability is.. while there stuck hmm.. seems like I can turn this all the way up (turns up gain) and it gets louder! VOLUME KNOB woohooo. -_-

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I hate cutting freehand. I have another box to build but I won't do it until I get a couple clamps to make a rip guide. Holes with a good jigsaw, I can do those all day long.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I absoulutely HATE using Tee nuts for woofer mounting sometimes... I hate when you get almost all of the tee nuts in and 2 or 3 wont line up for some reason or when your threading them in and the nut comes loose and the bolt just spins and you cant remove it... Thats what I have to look forward to next week when I need into the box... sigh

When you set up a friends system.. and they allow you to leave without them saying Thank you -_-

x90000000000...fucking shit is annoying

Yepp I recently built my first box for my friend, it was obviously way too small for 2 e8's but its what he wanted because he was so low on space (f150 crew? idk) anyway, We put it in and I tuned his amp by ear and it sounded decent. Well he left came back later and I could hear him coming up the road and it sounded terrible, NOT like I tuned it so I looked at the amp and he had maxed out the gain and the bass boost was more than mid way through. I told him he was going to blow them but he refused to listen too me so I left it alone. Oh well! Annoying

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

When you set up a friends system.. and they allow you to leave without them saying Thank you -_-

x90000000000...fucking shit is annoying

Yepp I recently built my first box for my friend, it was obviously way too small for 2 e8's but its what he wanted because he was so low on space (f150 crew? idk) anyway, We put it in and I tuned his amp by ear and it sounded decent. Well he left came back later and I could hear him coming up the road and it sounded terrible, NOT like I tuned it so I looked at the amp and he had maxed out the gain and the bass boost was more than mid way through. I told him he was going to blow them but he refused to listen too me so I left it alone. Oh well! Annoying

LMAO, with that small box he'll be sure to blow them that way. It's okay eventually he'll learn his lesson as we all most have. Just costs money :D

Check out my build log:

When I walk into a POS shop looking for any kind of job and they ask me if i know how to wire up remote starts. I proceed to outline exactly how its done despite never done one before (though i have studied schematics for them) they tell me "No No No it's way more complicated than that..." >.> really? wiring and schematics is what i do... I then ask them if they had an O-scope for checking distortion levels once they hook up an amp... "No we don't, we can hear the distortion and we set everything up by ear..." I knew the were well and truly full of BS after that and walked out....

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha

When I walk into a POS shop looking for any kind of job and they ask me if i know how to wire up remote starts. I proceed to outline exactly how its done despite never done one before (though i have studied schematics for them) they tell me "No No No it's way more complicated than that..." >.> really? wiring and schematics is what i do... I then ask them if they had an O-scope for checking distortion levels once they hook up an amp... "No we don't, we can hear the distortion and we set everything up by ear..." I knew the were well and truly full of BS after that and walked out....

What shop might this be?

Check out my build log:

Archived