Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

When some of my friends ask why I don't put the amp inside the port.....smh

I'll play stupid newb. Why don't we put amps in ports, given the port is built large enough so the proper square inchage is obtained for the port?

Put a piece of paper in your port....

Now do you want your amps to experience that? I know I don't.

For the record, I don't currently have a system, although I have in the past.

IMO anywhere on a high bass car is a bad place for an amp,

but that's a newbs opinion so I know the chances of me being wrong are pretty high.

You're right, vibrations are bad, but amps are built to handle that...I mean, how smart would it be to have a 3 or 4 thousand watt amp that is sensitive to vibrations? It doesn't make any sense.

What you DON'T want is for the amp to be in a place where it will bounce up and down or "flex" because that increases the chances that something inside the amp will break off. The port is the most violent place in the car (and by far the loudest/most pressurized, at least at the tuning frequency), so that's why you don't want it there.

For example...you don't want your amp to bounce around freely in a trunk or cargo area, that would probably break it after a while. You want it on a nice piece of wood or stiff material that won't bounce and flex.

Ripping the dash apart just to chase down an intermittent RCA connection for the 4th time. :jon:

IMG_20120615_170808.jpg

Super fucking annoying when the left side cuts out, then you take the dash apart and it suddenly is fixed before you touch anything. I traded off with my sub RCAs last time and it still happened. Could be the HU, so I just switched to rear preouts for highs. Imma fucking scream if this shit cuts out again after this.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

What do you expect from $400 worth of gear? You're running 10x the power with 1.5x cone area and only doing 15db more?

Would love to see what it'd do on a TL, but DFW is bass-barron.

2007 Pacifica

Diagnosing and tracking down wiring issues at 9am. When the temp is already 92 degrees. With a heat index of 102. And it's 123 degrees inside the car. Fuck that shit. It's a good weight loss program though. Sweating like a fat bitch in dodgeball.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

it's always 10 deg hotter in the garage, dunno why. been humid as a fat bitches ass during dodgeball, since we're overusing the analogy here LOL

2007 Pacifica

At least you have garages to work on lol. Everyone here converts them to an extra bedroom, so all work has to be done outside in the elements, and it blows donkey balls.

Switching the analogy lol.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Rent on a house you can't afford sucks donkey balls. Hate being house poor and don't even own teh fucker. Wife HAD TO have it, tho. Great school for my girls and a back yard. I hope when they get the boot at 18 they look back and appreciate it.

2007 Pacifica

When some of my friends ask why I don't put the amp inside the port.....smh
I'll play stupid newb. Why don't we put amps in ports, given the port is built large enough so the proper square inchage is obtained for the port?
Put a piece of paper in your port.... Now do you want your amps to experience that? I know I don't.

What's wrong with some air going over the amp? It's 10x better than having a fan!!

Archived