So, heres the deal, i took off one of my grandfather old hazy tailights, and decided to try wetsanding. i started out with 400grit, moved up to 600, then 1000, 1500, and finally 2000, i feel as tho i did a thorough job, yet they're still as hazy as ever, but the weird thing is when the water is sprayed on them, they look fantastic, the plastic looks new, but when dry, as hazy as ever. i hit it with plastix wax, and that didnt help. Anything i should know, or any tips you guys might have? anything is appreciated.

Edited by SkylarDunn

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

The actual kits they sell at auto part stores work very well. My friend tried the samd thing you did. Threw some sandpaper on there and it made it worse. Now you can see swirls too.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

My guess would be there are micro level scratches that when sprayed with water fill with water giving a clear lens look. If you are going to end up with new tail lenses anyway maybe try a coat of clear on them and see what that does?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Mhm, extremely smooth, i guess i'll try adding a few coats of clear and wetsanding that. And i dont need a kit, i have boxes of the pads you use for wetsanding with a drill, the velcro came off of my 2k grit pad today tho, lol, and i only had one. i'll pick one up tommorow at orileys, since i know that method works like a madman, i just had the sandpaper around so i figured i'd try it.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Mhm, extremely smooth, i guess i'll try adding a few coats of clear and wetsanding that. And i dont need a kit, i have boxes of the pads you use for wetsanding with a drill, the velcro came off of my 2k grit pad today tho, lol, and i only had one. i'll pick one up tommorow at orileys, since i know that method works like a madman, i just had the sandpaper around so i figured i'd try it.

IIRC you'd still have to do a type of finish buff/polish after the wetsand/clear.

Derp.

IIRC you'd still have to do a type of finish buff/polish after the wetsand/clear.

Yeah, you'd have to protect the clear of course. I would be using mothers plastic polish unless you can suggest something that would be better.

Edited by SkylarDunn

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Yeah, you'd have to protect the clear of course.

Thats where a protectant wax comes into play. lol

Pics of before and afters? Or just afters?

Derp.

Yeah, you'd have to protect the clear of course.

Thats where a protectant wax comes into play. lol

Pics of before and afters? Or just afters?

i'll go take some right quick.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub