New to SQ

MarioB

Idk how good your deal to the HSK is, here is another reasonable offer from PCA My link. I still own my Dynaudios since the millde of the 90th, the mids are the same MW/GT 162 than today.001.jpg

The tweeds on the picture are the special on this compset. I had 3 pair of those sets 2 with the MD 102 28 mm softdometweets, and the set on the photo

with the MD 120 tweets.

Dynaudio sounds on the point, clear, warm and silky.

And with your 2 Kicker 350.4, run active, 2 bridged on the bass and one channel to the mid`s and one to the tweets per side.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Those look Very Nice ... Wish I could hear them ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 months later...

Guys, I am very new to all this and I am trying to do my own setup but in an SUV '04 Sorento. I know that it is twice as hard to do SQ in SUVs vise cars but hey there it is. I currently have Alpine Type S in the doors off a Hifonincs 80.4 amp and 3 Type R 12s of a Hifonics Colossus (3000 watts @ 2.66).

One thing that I have noticed is that with all this equipment nobody seems to talk about battery power requirements for SQ but in SPL its the first thing on the to-do list? Curious? Do judjes look at those things too (power/ratio)?

Guys, I am very new to all this and I am trying to do my own setup but in an SUV '04 Sorento. I know that it is twice as hard to do SQ in SUVs vise cars but hey there it is. I currently have Alpine Type S in the doors off a Hifonincs 80.4 amp and 3 Type R 12s of a Hifonics Colossus (3000 watts @ 2.66).

One thing that I have noticed is that with all this equipment nobody seems to talk about battery power requirements for SQ but in SPL its the first thing on the to-do list? Curious? Do judjes look at those things too (power/ratio)?

Power is very crucial in any car audio system SPL or SQ. The difference is current draw. to produce SPL you need a huge amount of power thus more current to sustain it. In SQ power is as big element like SPL but, the idea now is to minimize the amount of noise thus low current draws and more efficient set ups. Now don't get me wrong I have seen some loud SPL set ups off a single batteries and I have seen some SQ set ups with a ton of batteries. However, majority SQ guys also build for install points so there battery set up are simple as possible and extrememly clean. chances are you won't see one single wire in the whole set up.

Now my best advice to get started in "competing" in sq is just go out and do it. Go in with an open mind and don't be afraid to say you don't understand. Most competitors are more than willing to explain there set ups or how to achieve certain aspects such as imaging, depth and tonality (kinda like tone,frequency and box rise for SPL). If you are just trying to have a better sounding system then using "SQ" may not be the best term to use especially in the spirit of this thread.

Archived