Sonic Electronix

So my two options are a new Kinetik hc2000 for $235 shipped or 2 used Deka 9A31 batteries for $240 shipped. Deka's rest at 12.5V. I wasn't going to upgrade my electrical anytime soon but the headlight dimming is driving me absolutely insane

EDIT: Okay so I purchased the 2 Deka's. Now the new question is... Do I run one up front and one in the back or do I leave the stock Honda battery up front and run the 2 Deka's in the back???

Edited by doug118

so u can get 2 batterys for 240?

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Deka's by far if they aren't super old. I have a Deka Intimidator G34 under the hood of my Focus that's been there for 2 years or so and it's going strong. Iirc the Deka's outperformed even the Kinetik 2400 in a battery test on ROE a while back. They are strong for sure and worth the buy at $240 for a pair of them.

Also just adding batteries without a proper charging system isn't going to cure your headlights diming. I have a total of 4 batts in my car along with a 260 amp alt and multiple runs of 0 gauge and I still get dim at high volumes.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

OT, wow a bass-head that plays RS, sweet.. :good:

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

Yes $240 for the pair.

Deka's by far if they aren't super old. I have a Deka Intimidator G34 under the hood of my Focus that's been there for 2 years or so and it's going strong. Iirc the Deka's outperformed even the Kinetik 2400 in a battery test on ROE a while back. They are strong for sure and worth the buy at $240 for a pair of them.

Also just adding batteries without a proper charging system isn't going to cure your headlights diming. I have a total of 4 batts in my car along with a 260 amp alt and multiple runs of 0 gauge and I still get dim at high volumes.

Is there any way to tell if they are really old just by pictures? Also how do you connect a regular automotive post to the battery? I've been trying to find out but came up with nothing.

That last part about the dimming is a complete bummer. Is there anyway to fix that at all?

Yes $240 for the pair.

Is there any way to tell if they are really old just by pictures? Also how do you connect a regular automotive post to the battery? I've been trying to find out but came up with nothing.

That last part about the dimming is a complete bummer. Is there anyway to fix that at all?

There should be a manufacturer date printed somewhere on the battery. If it's not there anymore you can see if the seller would let you get the serial number to use to call Deka and find out when it was made. Chances are they're not much more than 2 or 3 years old since Deka hasn't been popular in the car audio world much longer than that. Your probably going to expect a life of 4-6 years out of one of their batteries if it's been properly taken car of. They don't last as long as something like XS Power does with a 10 year life span.

The diming can be conquered. The solution is to have more amperage coming from the charging system then the amplifiers are pulling. For example if you have a 3K watt amp and it's pulling around 250 amps from you alt and batts at full tilt at night you would need at least a 290 amp alt to keep the lights in better condition. The extra 40 amps gives you electrical system the extra juice it needs to run the lights, turn signals, fans, and other electronics that pull from it when the car is on.

Another way to achieve your answer is to just wire an independant alt for the stereo. If you isolate the batteries and alt that are used to power the system then the alt that powers all the other electronics in the vehicle won't see the stress from the large current draw that comes from loud music at night. It's kind of shitty that you would need 2 alts, but it may be the better solution in the end, but I've not ever done it personally.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

It's the fact that standard halogens are sensitive to even slight vdroop... Anyway, I have an HID conversion kit and because it has it's own inverter they do not dim at all... I guess if you had a mod in between the light socket and actual bulb you could... For someone to say they have 0% light dimming means they are too proud of what they spent and told themselves it's completely stopped.. The only setup I hardly noticed light dimming was a dual alt setup(second alternator was only connected to audio system) ... Not many people will have money or time to do something like this though... :shrug:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Okay so the dimming will not stop. I can live with it as long as I know the rest of the audio world is dealing with the same issue. I can get HID's at cost so I may go that route.

I'm sort of against buying a HO alt because I'm one of those people who can't keep a car for more then 4-5 months so the chances of me buying another 98-02 accord and being able to transfer a $600 alt is VERY slim and I have zero room for a second alt.

The seller of the batts said the oldest stamp he's seen on any of this batteries he's sold in the past year is 2008 which I'm fine with. 99% sure I'll be buying two of them tonight

Okay so I purchased the 2 Deka's. Now the new question is... Do I run one up front and one in the back or do I leave the stock Honda battery up front and run the 2 Deka's in the back???