Second Skin Audio

Port Area vs Box Tuning: Please help, getting frustrated.

A 6" aeroport 18" L will have a net of 3.45 and get you tuned to 31.39 with 8.19 per ft which is a tad small for an aero but quite doable though.

Well, at 18" long, that leaves me .5" from the bottom of the box to the port, which scares me. But with two 4" ports, I got 2" of play b/w the bottom of the box and its got 11.35/ft...but the tuning is at 37.xxHZ Would that 18" long port be too long?

mivtCK.png

Whats the sub, whats the sq ft your trying to get and what is your tunning freq you want?

Already stated above, but its a Fi BTL 15"

It recomends 32hz tuning, 12-14"/ft of port, and 3-5 cu/ft

mivtCK.png

Whats the sub, whats the sq ft your trying to get and what is your tunning freq you want?

Already stated above, but its a Fi BTL 15"

It recomends 32hz tuning, 12-14"/ft of port, and 3-5 cu/ft

my bad i looked, but not to hard me we toddid...

Is this in an SUV? Subs forward/port up isnt the best way to go in an SUV..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Wont let you tune lower cause the box is to small for that much port area.

Make the box bigger.

Btl 15...looking for 4.25 after

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

1st of all, an 18" flared port is only 17" effective length as a port. it even says that in the description.

2nd, a small port means low output and could mean port noise.

3rd, you need as much space in front, and behind, the port as the diameter of the port. so a 4" port needs 4" clearance.

you just ran into the down side of an aero port. getting a usable port area tuned low almost never works. only way to do it is an external port or a really deep box. other than a 90* bend, there isnt another way around it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived