Sonic Electronix

I am new to this but tryin to learn!!!!

and I was kinda planing on staying with my stock bose speakers and doing a h/u change the Kenwood 9980HD

You've definitely got a nice budget to play around with.

I can almost guarantee you will want to upgrade you Bose speakers though. I thought I would be the same way with my JBL speakers in my Camry, but now I'm wanting to upgrade to some Hertz components lol.. but that's an unrelated topic.

Also don't forget about wiring. With that kind of setup, you're going to need a good amount of 0 gauge wire. Probably the best place to get wire is KnuKonceptz.com They have great prices and their wire actually contains the rated thickness, not just a thick jacket like a lot of cheaper wire.

And as far as amps go, I'd probably run either a DC 5k or a pair of AQ2200's. Just for reference since you are new to this, here is AudioQue's website, and here is DC's.

But definitely do some reading up on here before you go out buying thousands of dollars worth of equipment. You don't want to turn your subs into a pair of 40 lb paper weights.

EDIT: lol damn I got ninja'd hardcore

x2

knukonceptz is what a lot of ppl run, so dont have to doubt on the pricing on it. for the type of set-up, ill recommend getting the Kolossus 1/0, even though its 3.75 bucks per foot, its the quality is what you really paying for. i wouldnt get KCA because of the CCA(copper clad aluminum and a but of copper wiring in it for the flexible material). they have from RCA, to Fuse holder, 1/0 terminal rings,...pretty much anything wiring related.

dont ever, ever ever, ever ever ever ever go to the flea market and get their 1/0 because its cheaper(as in not many strands) to be considered a 1/0 wire.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I do believe in only buying the best of stuff if i am going to buy something it is going to be top of the line or nothing thats my thought

i agree somewhat i don't have to have the best just i don't want stuff that breaks and have to buy over and over i know ppl that do that bc its cheap and they will end up spending more money that way and will try to play it off i just laugh at them lol

I do believe in only buying the best of stuff if i am going to buy something it is going to be top of the line or nothing thats my thought

thats the spirit, but dont get ripped off, thats for sure. like JL, great subs, but never in my life would i pay 600+ bucks if they cant handle 2500rms+ unless its the AA SMDs subs. lol. see the difference?

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

i agree somewhat i don't have to have the best just i don't want stuff that breaks and have to buy over and over i know ppl that do that bc its cheap and they will end up spending more money that way and will try to play it off i just laugh at them lol

so true, but it really depends in what they buying. if something is cheaper price wise, but same quality, then you got nothing to loose. lol. but what ever you do OP, try to build it yourself and save big $$$ than taking it to a shop that never heard of Fi

so true, but it really depends in what they buying. if something is cheaper price wise, but same quality, then you got nothing to loose. lol. but what ever you do OP, try to build it yourself and save big $$$ than taking it to a shop that never heard of Fi

X2

An XS D3400 and three D3100s....that's not even overkill, that's just a waste.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Am I correct in assuming this post is directed towards me? Yes it is overkill, but it would be one less thing that he would have to worry about. If it's within his budget, there is no reason not to have a steady supply of power IMO.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Am I correct in assuming this post is directed towards me? Yes it is overkill, but it would be one less thing that he would have to worry about. If it's within his budget, there is no reason not to have a steady supply of power IMO.

x2 wouldn't wanna kill the nice new toys