Sonic Electronix

To run my 1600RMS Daily 18" what do you guys suggest?

Small stock battery upfront

1 XS 1200 in the rear

Big III 0 Gauge

Cadence 2000D

Cadence 400.4

33hz @ 5.4cft 15.10 inches of port area.

Will the be enough to fun my subwoofer daily and not overheat it? She doesnt like my current Audiopipe with stock 90a alt and stock bat with 27hz box @ 7cft the thing is barely even loud sounds like shit off 1000rms..

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Mate, the subwoofer doesn't draw the power, the amp does. What sub are you using?

For that 2000D and 400.4, I'd suggest a XS D3400 upfront with that 1200 in the rear. Should hold voltage nicely.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

PSI Custom Built 1600RMS Daily D2 SQL 4 layer round wire aluminum voice coil double stack magnets single tinsel lead thing weights 50LB's. 3 8" Progressive Soft Spiders. and when did I say the subwoofer puts out power? Obviously I know that lmao I'm saying off 1000RMS my subwoofer sounds quiet as hell and if I go upto 1500RMS it gets hot so I want to fix both these problems. and due to specs of the subwoofer I know it does 1600rms daily and I know its not my setup I just need to know what to run to keep my sub cool and make it sound better since now its quiet as crap even off 1000rms even off 1500 its not that loud not like what I see on youtube for comparison.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

How do you know the YouTube setups are loud? Or how loud they are?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

You're right noob response but my friends 15" SSD off the SAME amplifier 1000RMS was louder lol that any indication? and I know for a fact my 18" is way more capible as the SSD is Stock and didnt even get warm at all but that was only 1000RMS @ 4ohm.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

I'm starting to think I should tune high with a smaller box. That might be half the problem.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Tune to 36hz with 17-18sqin of port per cube, build box around 5.75ft^3. Your tuning is really low, a higher tuning will help.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Amplifiers get warm, and I know im clipping thats why I backed it down to 1000rms doesnt get hot but it sounds like crap lol sony xplods bang harder deff my box i think. Really? 17-18sq inch of port? what for:? I thought it was 14-16 for an 18? Also yeah 5.75 sounds about right on size Dave recommended 34hz @ 5cft so this should do nicely. My voltage is usually around 14v 13.2v at the worst.

But ok build a new box but do you guys think the cadence is a good choice? Im not gonna buy a D3400 because I plan to run 3 XS 1200's. 1 upfront and 2 to the amplifier. I heard the cadence does rated @ 13.6v and im ONLY gonna be running 1500 of the 2000rms. Down the road imma get an alt but im too broke for now and I have competition to go to next month.

I really want to stay below 35hz though Ive tuned to the high 30's already sounded great but deff not my style I liked SOME lows. I'll do 34hz @ 17inches of port around 5.8cft hows that sound?

Also is the SSD 15" off less power an indication that its my box? It was done in my jeep off my amp off a box I built @ 36hz with I think 4.5cft. Im guessing its my box then right?

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Tuning of the sub shouldnt effect the warmth of the sub unless its drastically low next to the FS of the driver. Even then I doubt heat would be one of the issues. Im just confused how if the sub is getting 1500 RMS now and getting hot, how is giving it 1600 from another amp gonna help? Have you tried another amp on it other than the AP? Are you now certain the AP is the problem? That being said, your best bet is a new battery up front, biggest XS that will fit, and a D3400 or something in the back. Your voltage should be rock solid all day.

Also, with the sub on 1000 RMS it shouldnt be stupid quiet unless somethings wrong. Being at 3/4 of the suggested RMS should give it a nice response unless the sub is terribly underrated. But with yours getting hot at 1500, I dont see that being underrated at all. Upping it by another 500 shouldnt magically make it 4 times as loud. Not hating, just saying.