Sonic Electronix

im running 4g to my ap1800 its being run at 2 ohms so i didnt see a problem with it the amp doesnt get hot. nor does the wire up untill right before the fuseblock so from the bat -----f-----amp right before the fuse on the battery side gets wicked hot it has a 100 amp fuse in it. the wire after the fuse block is cold to the touch. what causes this is my fuse to small

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

maybe a broken fuse??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

if that was the case wouldnt the amp not turn on? the fuse isnt blown ive taken it out twice today to install a new box so i had to move the amp

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Current draw creates heat ... try a larger guage wire with from the battery to your fuse ... possibly the same guage as your grounds ... :drink40:

just a suggestion here ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Current draw creates heat ... try a larger guage wire with from the battery to your fuse ... possibly the same guage as your grounds ... :drink40:

just a suggestion here ...

i have 4g all the way around including my grounds as well as big 3 i dont think its the wire its self becouse if it was shouldnt the wire be hot at the amp not infront of the fuse block.

your telling this to a guy who has 0 - 2 awg welding cable in his Sound Quality vehicle ...

I'm telling you the 4 guage is too small ... for me anyways ... and like I said, it was a suggestion ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

maybe theres a short?or a wires touching close there

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

As cableguy said use larger diameter wire and also check to make sure its tight cause if not the loose connection will generate a lot of heat also, high resistance = bad juju for electrical.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

your telling this to a guy who has 0 - 2 awg welding cable in his Sound Quality vehicle ...

I'm telling you the 4 guage is too small ... for me anyways ... and like I said, it was a suggestion ...

i wasnt trying to be a dick but i think u took it that way so im sorry. but before i do that ima try a different fuse holder with a different kinda fuse.

as far as shorts no no other wires are touching the + from bat to amp

No rudness at all bro ... If thats the way is sounded, sorry bro ... was not my entiention ...

I'm just a broadband electronics technician and I see alot of peoples stuff burn up for stuff like this ... You are pulling ALOT of current draw ... seems to me like you need a larger cable to handle it ...

Archived