So as soon as school gets out in three days I am going to be going full-time and with the extra cash coming in I want to improve my Blazer's suspension. Currently it has stock suspension which rides rough. I want a smoother ride and maybe 2"-4" lift any ideas? I have no idea when it comes to suspension. Btw Blazer is 1997 LS 4x4 with Vortec. Rear drum front disc. Just any help would be appreciated.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Lifting and smooth don't usually go together lol if u have torsion bars you could level the front out or spend almost 3000 for a 4-6" lift kit without swapping axles. You could stuff a 31x10.50 tire under it and it'll be taller and better ride with more sidewalk than get air shocks for the back and it'd be nice riding.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Ive noticed that alot of blazers ride rough lifted or not.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Rule of thumb is lifting = stiffer suspension therefor not as smooth as you would want. There are other measures you can take to make it ride a little better with different style shocks (tho larger ones get expensive) and tires with alot of rubber on them. It will be noiser, but smoother. I kinda like the noise :)

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

Noise is fine idc because i roll windows down anyway. And i like hearing it to know it sounds normal. The back end has leaf springs and i believe that that may be a cause of the roughness? Air shocks for the back was mentioned. Is that something that replaces the leafs or is added or what? I just got two new tires a few months ago and am going to finish getting the set for now so that is prolly not an option at least for a while. Can you get larger shocks for the front or is that something that has to be one size only?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

larger shocks for a bigger lift, not really for the lift you already have. I hate air shocks, your better off getting a nice set of billstein's. they ride super smooth. and if you really wanted to ditch leafs, then you would have to do a 4 link and all out lift coils and shit, and thats gonna cost hella bread... I am kinda surprised you think the ride is that bad, that just seems odd for a blazer. Are you used to a mercedes or luxury car and just not used to a ride in a truck/suv? Cause that would make it seem realllllly bad

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

Well its my first SUV but it just seems really jerky and rough. I dont have any lift right now. So i could get some billstein shocks up front but is that anything that can be added to the leafs to maybe take a little bit of the roughness away? Maybe there is something going out in my steering that makes the ride rough?

good shocks will help, but not magically make it ride like a cadillac. Sloppy steering could make it ride bad, but it would be much more noticeable then anything and i think you would have said something about it in the first post if it was that off. i dunno man, blazers ride a little rough i guess, do what you can to try and make it better. you can also check to make sure all your wheels are perfectly balanced, cause that would make it ride rougher. otherwise i dunno man

Edited by numatik

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

• 4 weeks later...