Second Skin Audio

help me pick a sub

I currently have a 10" type R on 600w from a bouston acoustic amp. I'm looking to upgrade. I want a single 12" maybe a 15" im looking for something under 1000w my car has stock alternator and no option for HO one (03 protege).

So I was thinking a level 3 dc 12" dual 2 ohm along with an AQ750? My other thought was an Sundown SA-12? Which one u think is better or feel free to recommend another sub. Im looking to spend 200-250 on the sub. Also anyone think i should go for a 15?

I currently have a 10" type R on 600w from a bouston acoustic amp. I'm looking to upgrade. I want a single 12" maybe a 15" im looking for something under 1000w my car has stock alternator and no option for HO one (03 protege).

So I was thinking a level 3 dc 12" dual 2 ohm along with an AQ750? My other thought was an Sundown SA-12? Which one u think is better or feel free to recommend another sub. Im looking to spend 200-250 on the sub. Also anyone think i should go for a 15?

As far as the alternator goes you should give the fitzall 220amp a look. We couldnt find a high output alt for my buddies dakota and then we found the fitzall and it handles his Kicker zx2500.1 and 2 15" Kicker CVX's like a dream. He also has a an extra battery for it but the alt upgrade was def noticable. As far as subs go, i like your DC idea best. Also, go 12's.

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

If you do decide on the fitzall HO then u def might wan2 upgrade ur amplifier. An AQ that low wouldnt do that DC justice

Edited by AlexBryson

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

Nope the alternator is regulated through the ecu im told there is no possibility, I have an extra battery and im not having any problems running 600w. I think the stock alternator wouldnt mind an aq750 the reason I wanna replace the boston is because its an ab class. I think a level 3 12 would do me good.

Nope the alternator is regulated through the ecu im told there is no possibility, I have an extra battery and im not having any problems running 600w. I think the stock alternator wouldnt mind an aq750 the reason I wanna replace the boston is because its an ab class. I think a level 3 12 would do me good.

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Fi SSD 12 Sounded really nice.

DC lvl 3 12

Audioque SDC2.5 12

Skarr audio 12.

Sundown Audio SA12.

Ascendent Audio Arsenal. Trust me it can take more than 500

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I wouldn't waste the money ...upgrading to a DC level3 from a type r. If your looking to upgrade. 150 Watts and a different sub probably isn't going to change much compared to the amount of money paid. Do you have a custom box at this time? Tell us more about your installation. So then people don't just jump on the; get a DC blanket statement.