June 2011 SOTM Nominees - Sponsored by Audio Savings

Dude, its a contest for car audio installs. Not piles of equipment and sketchups.

i dont see any rules about only car audio installs...

it says your install has to be 90 or 95 percent complete. you arent even like 10 percent complete.

The setup is already completed...

dscf2803c.jpg

dscf2804i.jpg

here you can see an another video but of the setup in action : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPokJkNkcI&feature=channel_video_title

as you can see in the video, all is wired

@ OrionStag: there is no need to insult so stay calm :)

dude you just dont get it do you? you are not eligible. This is car audio not a home audio forum. oh and BTW may want to get a sealed agm battery for what yo uare doign.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Dude, its a contest for car audio installs. Not piles of equipment and sketchups.

i dont see any rules about only car audio installs...

it says your install has to be 90 or 95 percent complete. you arent even like 10 percent complete.

The setup is already completed...

dscf2803c.jpg

dscf2804i.jpg

here you can see an another video but of the setup in action : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPokJkNkcI&feature=channel_video_title

as you can see in the video, all is wired

@ OrionStag: there is no need to insult so stay calm :)

I'm plenty calm, bro. Your setup looks like shit. Clean up the wiring at least. And the fumes from that battery are probably going to kill you.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I'd like to get into the nominations if I can. All photos and videos are loaded into the build log at...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112055-pandoras-build-log/

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

I love the idea of having the 1000 watts and less system of the month, but im not trying to be a smart ass at all about this so do not take it the wrong way, but 1000 dollars worth of highs and mids seems a little over kill in a car with 1000 watts and less. just my opinion. like i said not trying to be a smart ass at all

I'll only be pushing about 600 watts RMS when I'm all done and I have already spend close to 2 grand. And about $600 of that is on wiring and sound deadener. Maybe the "prize" will help the winner jump up to a new category. Point is this contest is a cool ass concept and I think most people would be all shits n giggles if the prize was just a sticker. Just my .02.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I love the idea of having the 1000 watts and less system of the month, but im not trying to be a smart ass at all about this so do not take it the wrong way, but 1000 dollars worth of highs and mids seems a little over kill in a car with 1000 watts and less. just my opinion. like i said not trying to be a smart ass at all

you ever heard an SQ car? theyve got more than a grand into their front stage.

Yes i have but probably 90% of these cars wont be putting those beyma's to full potential. all i was saying is this kind of prize would have been better suited for like a 3k and up contest.

tell you what. Since you want to be in SOTM for this month if you win we will tell audiosavings to only send you what we feel you will use to your full potential. Hows that sound?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yes i have but probably 90% of these cars wont be putting those beyma's to full potential. all i was saying is this kind of prize would have been better suited for like a 3k and up contest.

I understand the frustration, but from my perspective.

I can't afford to get something like this on my own because I have a wife in Graduate School, a six month old baby, and a mortgage.

Judging the "potential use" of equipment by someone just by how much money they currently have invested is a little tough. I have been researching and researching and researching and trying to put away money so I can get upgrades. Does that make me any less "worthy"? I am not bashing or arguing, but I am just trying to make a point and think this contest is an excellent thing. Time after time I have seen "upgrades" go to people who have already invested 2 ~ 3x's the value. Will they use it? Maybe, but would someone who has less appreciate it more? I would like to think so.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

What i was saying i believe was taken wrong. Hell everyone loves free stuff and making their own system better than it is. Im not arguing that at all. I think the idea having a contest for people with a 1k system and less is a great idea, but in my opinion this prize month wasnt the one for it. Dont hate me for it it's just my opinion.

Not trying to cause any beef or arguing, but I believe this thread was for people trying to get nominations for the contest! Belittling someone for their setup whether home or car audio is unnecessary. Everyone within the limits of the contest rules for that particular month, have the right to put their build up for nomination! Granted yes this is a car audio based forum, but I do recall there being a home theater and professional audio section, so why rip into someone for trying to get their "system" nominated, just say sorry this is for car stereos only, thats quite easy enough and leave it at that!

For the prize that is given away, it gives some people who arent as fortunate a chance to utilize some equipment they normally wouldnt have the benefit of using, to give them a chance to hear what "top of the line" really is! Audiosavings, being gracious enough to offer up such quality equipment is amazing as well as their choice, commenting that people with less than 1000 watts total in their car arent good enough to use them to their fullest potential is ridiculous! I can say that my little LP 952iq, could push them pretty solidly, and thats only 47.5 watts per ch at 4 ohms.

I really dont like seeing people belittle and degrade someone for their choice in material, equipment, means of fabrication etc. why not help them, share ideas, give constructive critism instead of saying they are stupid or saying wtf are you,thinking using that! Some people who love this field of customization, may not have the financial benefits of others to be able to drop 10k on equipment and material, I know I cant, I have a wedding, an 8 month old, rent, bills etc etc, but yet I build on a budget and find deals accordingly! I hope that some people will "grow up" and help the younger crowd learn and benefit as we all have for forums instead of degrading them for what they have done!

I just wanted to get that out there, and hope people will take it the right way! I didnt single out any individuals nor did I bash any certain person for unnecessary comments!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived