If they're armed and threatening your life you can...

Fixed.

There's a difference between "armed" and "carrying". Please unfix.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it wasn't self defense, when you posted WHAT YOU WILL DO on an internet forum...

I think that makes it premeditated murder right? At-least manslaughter...i

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

I think if you have a no trespassing sign up you can shoot someone. I'm in Tennessee. Not 100% sure though.

No Trespassing sign puts people on notice that the public is not allowed on the private property, and will/can be removed and prosecuted.

You can use a reasonable amount of force to remove them from the property.

The laws in Tenn might be different than La.

There's a difference between "armed" and "carrying". Please unfix.

It will not matter if a burglar (I think that's what we are talking about) is "armed" or "carrying", but the person that used deadly force felt there was an immediate threat of serious bodily harm and can convey that feeling to the officers that arrive on scene; and the D.A. if need be.

Unarmed individuals have been found to pose a a threat to life and limb.

:)

It will not matter if a burglar (I think that's what we are talking about) is "armed" or "carrying", but the person that used deadly force felt there was an immediate threat of serious bodily harm and can convey that feeling to the officers that arrive on scene; and the D.A. if need be.

Unarmed individuals have been found to pose a a threat to life and limb.

:)

Yeah, but if there's a guy in my yard with a gun in hand (i.e. armed) I will drop him, and in all likelihood I'll be clear of any charges.

Now, if there's a guy in my yard and I turn him into swiss cheese, but he is unarmed (carrying or not), then I am in deep shit.

I can however, demand he lay down at gunpoint until the cops get here. No likelihood of charges for me. If said guy runs off and I don't shoot him then I'm clear. However if he comes at me (gray area) I will still drop him and then deal with the law later.

2007 Pacifica

I'm the same as Srp, if someone possess a threat to me or my family, I'll shoot first and ask questions later.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it wasn't self defense, when you posted WHAT YOU WILL DO on an internet forum...

I think that makes it premeditated murder right? At-least manslaughter...i

Not quite... The burglar is the aggressor here. Cannot premeditate a murder of someone who you do not know.

EDIT: So just because I know he may come back, that means that I can't do anything about it? I call BS. No offense but that just isn't the case. IJS

2007 Pacifica

Justice system has some flaws. My brother wants to shoot first, ask later. I'm the opposite. I'll call the cops, make sure they don't get in my house, and then laugh as they are getting cuffed in the back of the police car. Gotta be rational guys :)

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

No you're right. You should always tip off the police if you're feeling that life or property is being threatened. However I don't think the they will just camp out and wait for the guy. I also don't think that if the police actually do stake out, that they will stick out like a sore thumb and tip off the bad guys, who will just come back later, because you MUST have something pretty valuable to protect if you got the cops involved.

You have a responsibility to do what you have to to protect your family, yourself and your property and home. The second amendment to the US Constitution protects your rights to do so.

2007 Pacifica

Archived